MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC suspends Nate Diaz for 90 days, fines him $20,000 for derogatory tweet   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

A day after handing Nate Diaz an indefinite suspension pending an investigation, the UFC has come up with its terms for the recent lightweight title challenger following a derogatory tweet. Diaz has been suspended for 90 days and fined $20,000.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

So gay.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by emfleek

So gay.

You can't say gay you fag!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

Caraway gets not fine for saying he would break a woman's (Ronda Rousey) arm and Diaz says fag and gets a big fine. I'm not a big fan of Diaz but as fleet says, this is gay

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

when Kobe called the ref in a game a "fucking faggot", he was fined 100k but then again he makes +300K a game but still, all sports leagues have been cracking down on gay slurs. any guy who has played sports or has guy friends knows locker room talk is lot worse but gotta watch for the cameras and social media now days. sucks but it is what it is

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Caraway gets not fine for saying he would break a woman's (Ronda Rousey) arm and Diaz says fag and gets a big fine. I'm not a big fan of Diaz but as fleet says, this is gay

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, Caraway said that in response to Ronda stating that she would fight him. I don't recall him stating it as a threat - I think he was stating what would happen, in reality, if a woman fought a man.

I could be wrong - it's been a while. But that's how I remember it.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Queer.

One_Hit_Quit » Posted 3/2/09 4:01:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by hotrodttt

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, Caraway said that in response to Ronda stating that she would fight him. I don't recall him stating it as a threat - I think he was stating what would happen, in reality, if a woman fought a man.

I could be wrong - it's been a while. But that's how I remember it.

I believe he said he would break her arm and knock her teeth down her throat, if they fought.

calitrees » Posted 4/4/09 4:41:00PM

I love Nate Diaz but I don't think calling someone a fag or gay is right. I get that hes not trying to offend the gay community, but no matter the intent its offensive. Using the term fag or gay even if your not calling someone gay is still using a word that that represents a community in a negative light. Think about how a gay Nate Diaz fan would feel if he saw his idol using the word fag to describe someone who he deeply dislikes. (Bryan Caraway)

[View Full Version of this Page]