MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Who do you feel is the better overall player?
Forum Opinion Poll
Michael Jordan 22 96%
Kobe Bryant 1 4%

Phil Jackson: Michael Jordan was better leader, shooter and defender than Kobe Bryant   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

In his upcoming book Eleven Rings, legendary NBA coach Phil Jackson offers a comparative analysis of Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, and it turns out there’s really no comparison.

Link

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

It's all opinion, but I do believe, that his opinion holds a bit more weight than most others in this particular scenario.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Kobe is great but it's a no brainer.

VILLIN » Posted 12/13/09 6:42:00AM

I've never met anyone who saw Jordan in his prime doubt that he is the best ever. It goes way beyond just his stats, every second Jordan was on the court he was the focus of his own coach and team as well as the focus of the opposing coach and team. Teams didn't play against the Bulls, they played against Jordan.

I've seen Kobe at his best and i've seen Jordan at his best, it really isn't even comparable. Kobe is a great player, maybe even one of the greatest of all time but Jordan wasn't just the greatest player ever he transcended the entire sport.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

There will never be another Michael Jordan

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Heard all about this yesterday. The debate barely even needs to exist, this was primarily Jackson being Jackson and talking shit when it wasn't necessary. Obviously Jordan is the greatest, but why did Phil even need to say it? This particular part of the book was printed just to get a rise out of people and sell more books, not answer some difficult question.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Kobe lets his ego get the best of him

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Jordan the best.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

This closes the debate

[View Full Version of this Page]