MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Ben Rothwell vs. Brandon Vera heavyweight bout targeted for UFC 164 in Milwaukee   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Two UFC veterans are targeted to meet in a fight that could very well send the loser packing from the octagon.

Multiple sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Ben Rothwell (32-9 MMA, 2-3 UFC) and Brandon Vera (12-6 MMA, 8-6 UFC) are targeted to meet at UFC 164.

UFC 164 takes place Aug. 31 at Bradley Center in Milwaukee and will be the promotion's second trip to Wisconsin. The main card will air on pay-per-view, though it is not yet know if Rothwell-Vera will be part of the main card or the prelims.

LINK

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Am I reading this right?

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Something tells me this is a fight to end obligations between the loser and the UFC.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Vera back at HW

I must of missed something

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Yeah, I don't get it either...Vera should rematch with Thiago Silva.

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

Secretly underrated fight

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Vera may be tall and have reach but he is far too skinny to fight at HW imo

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Vera did have success at heavyweight.
Rothwell ain't that good

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Im not a fan of this, but at the same time think it will make a good fight......hope that makes sense

UFC 151: Never Forget

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Vera has a better record at HW in the UFC 4-2 than he does at LHW 4-4-1.

His speed caught a lot of Heavyweights off guard. Yes if anybody takes him down he'll have a world of pain coming towards him but facing the fact he was a far more successful HW than Light-Heavyweight.
His biggest wins at LHW have been Krzysztof Soszynski and Eliot Marshall... His biggest win at HW is Frank Mir and Mike Whitehead....

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

tattflash » Posted 3/1/07 9:10:00AM

This is a bad idea for Vera in my opinion, Today's heavyweights are far faster, stronger and fitter than when he last fought at that weight. When Vera fought Mir, it was a case of Mir still finding his feet after his comeback from that horrific bike accident. Mike Whitehead, is, well, Mike Whitehead . Rothwell had a poor run out against Gonzaga, so he is there for the taking, but I think he will be too big and powerful for Vera, Rothwell has only had something like 5 fights in 5 years, so whether he struggles with injuries or whatever the reason,he should still take this

[View Full Version of this Page]