MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Daniel Cormier planning to continue as heavyweight while slowly cutting to make 205   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Daniel Cormier is planning to make the move to light heavyweight but will be taking the long road, slowly dieting his way down to 205 while competing as a heavyweight.

Link

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Probably the best and only way for Daniel considering his past

Tyzzler » Posted 1/27/09 10:52:00PM

Huge respect, as well as an example to those that continually insist that there "junk-food & beer only" intake regime is more important than cutting a lil body fat to drop & be the best they can be. Roy, Hunt, & all the others that think they're "good enough" already..too good to worry about losing a few..need take note.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by Tyzzler

Huge respect, as well as an example to those that continually insist that there "junk-food & beer only" intake regime is more important than cutting a lil body fat to drop & be the best they can be. Roy, Hunt, & all the others that think they're "good enough" already..too good to worry about losing a few..need take note.

Yea I dont think either of them really care and are fine with the way they are.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Tyzzler

Are you suggesting Hunt can make Lhw?
Because Hunt and Nelson both are the slimmest theyve been in their professional mma careers.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Probably the best and only way for Daniel considering his past

You're probably right given his kidneys but I'd hate to see him have to fight someone Overeem's size while only weighing 215. If I were in his shoes I think I'd just take the time off fighting to trim down so as to not ruin my perfect record and chance to fight Bones.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I think its smart, gives him time and flexibility...he doesn't have to be huge to outwrestle Overeem.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

I think its smart, gives him time and flexibility...he doesn't have to be huge to outwrestle Overeem.

Cormier might very well be able to out wrestle Overeem even with a lighter frame but you can't act like a 50lb weight disadvantage is nothing.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Certainly correct, and I don't think he can nor does he plan to drop 50 pounds that quickly. He would probably match up with him at 225-230.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I still think he fights onyl one more time this year at heavyweight than 2014 he will be at light heavyweight

[View Full Version of this Page]