MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Weight cutting & head trauma threaten MMA   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

How safe is MMA? Recent articles point out the serious risks to fighters from head trauma and improper weight cutting.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

You mean getting hit in the head for a living isn't healthy?! That's news to me!
I'm pretty sure that fighters know the risks when they get in the sport.

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

inorite...

Apparently starving yourself may also be less than ideal.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Yes, who knew that draining such a dramatic percentage of your body and organs water weight one day, and then engaging in one of the most strenuous of physical activities on planet earth, AND/or getting repeatedly concussed the next day, could be a bad thing.....

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i know the risks. i know ive had head trauma from this sport. just the other day i got rocked hard in training and felt foggy all day at work the next day. you have be able to live in the NOW with this sport. yes there is ways to take care of yourself like not sparring hard everyday. but there is absolutely no avoiding head trauma in this sport. i would hate to die of cancer or car wreck at 40 years old and lay in a hospital bed thinking that i should have been a fighter while i had the chance. fuck old age

[View Full Version of this Page]