MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Chris Kelly of Kriss Kross Dead At 34   [View Full Version]
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Chris Kelly, half of the 1990s kid rap duo Kris Kross who made one of the decade's most memorable songs with the frenetic "Jump," has died, and authorities say they are investigating his death as a possible drug overdose.
Investigator Betty Honey of the Fulton County Medical Examiner's office said the 34-year-old Kelly was pronounced dead around 5 p.m. Wednesday at the south campus of the Atlanta Medical Center.
Cpl. Kay Lester of the Fulton County police said "it appears it may have been a possible drug overdose."
An official cause of death is pending an autopsy.
Kelly, known as "Mac Daddy," and Chris Smith, known as "Daddy Mac," were introduced to the music world in 1992 by music producer and rapper Jermaine Dupri after he discovered the pair in an Atlanta mall. The duo wore their clothes backwards as a gimmick, but they won over fans with their raps.

LINK

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I don't know what's worse... Chris Kelly dying, me finding out from Shawn, or Shawn sourcing Fox News....

In all honesty though, I loved Kris Kross when I was a kid. I was 7 when that song came out. I had the cassette! RIP Mac Daddy.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Man that's wiggidy wiggidy wack!

I remember when I was a little boy, I once put my jeans on backwards and stood in front of the mirror. Thank God I decided not to leave my room that way, but I do remember trying it after seeing these guys on TV. Rest in peace, 34 is way too young.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I know a couple friends in middle school that dressed like that.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Wonder if he was sizzipin on some sizzurp?

Like many, I had that cassette, and loved that song. Hell, it's still catchy to this day

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Man, I remember jumping around in my cousins Bug listening to Jump

Sad news bros

40ouncetofreedom » Posted 3/29/09 4:31:00PM

Posted by kopower

Wonder if he was sizzipin on some sizzurp?

Like many, I had that cassette, and loved that song. Hell, it's still catchy to this day

He was speed balling

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Never a big fan of the song or the group. Its always sad to see someone pass away tho. I'd never be caught wearing my clothes like that. Stupid fad at the time.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

which one was it?

Mac Daddy?
or
Daddy Mac?

4th grade was the school year for me the ONE time I went with my clothes backwards.

ONE TIME

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

That's WHACK....

They put the bump in jump.....they originated the swaggy in baggy....

- - Fade to Black - -

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

spend a minute to remember childhood greatness

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I had the Kriss Kross tape as well.

I heard they buried him wearing a backwards suit

[View Full Version of this Page]