MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jon Jones toe wasn't actually broken, Champ will be ready for action in 6-8 weeks   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Despite initial assumptions that Jon Jones suffered a compound fracture of his left big toe during his UFC 159title defense against Chael Sonnen, the injury was later determined to be a dislocation. (You know, kind of like how Miesha Tate didn’t actually get her arm snapped in half by Ronda Rousey, despite all visual evidence to the contrary.) Dr. Robert Klapper, Chief Orthopedic Surgeon at Cedars-Sinai Hospital, appeared on yesterday’s installment of UFC Tonight to explain Jones’s injury, and give his insight on the recovery process, which doesn’t sound so bad, considering how ugly things looked on Saturday.

Link

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Damn is that gross. I hope they are right about this 6 to 8 weeks thing. Would be great to see him get back in there as soon as possible.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

GTFO!

It was on backwards.

Whoever JJ got to fix his toe needs to do Shogun's knees.

I don't know how that wasn't a break. Glad its not but damn, still nasty

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

GTFO!

It was on backwards.

Whoever JJ got to fix his toe needs to do Shogun's knees.

shogun needs to call up manning and kobe and ask where they went in Germany to get their new body parts

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I really don't see how that wasn't broken. His toe was mangled. I was playing poker and we all had to take a smoke break after seeing that.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

shit was gnarly

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

That's good.

Jones ain't gonna be a LHW much longer, I hope he stays active while he is there. He's bigger than most HWs, and could easily build and weigh around 240-250 in fight shape.

I hope he gets 2 more LHW fights, an Anderson Silva fight around the turn of the year, and then some time up to bulk up to his future as a HW.

Posted by ncordless

That's good.

Jones ain't gonna be a LHW much longer, I hope he stays active while he is there. He's bigger than most HWs, and could easily build and weigh around 240-250 in fight shape.

I hope he gets 2 more LHW fights, an Anderson Silva fight around the turn of the year, and then some time up to bulk up to his future as a HW.

A Bones vs Cain fight would be wicked

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Def almost break of the year

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ncordless

That's good.

Out of all the champ vs. champ fights, I'd say Jones vs. Cain and Aldo vs. Benson are the most likely to occur.

But I would love to See Jones vs Silva first.

Posted by ncordless

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ncordless

That's good.

Out of all the champ vs. champ fights, I'd say Jones vs. Cain and Aldo vs. Benson are the most likely to occur.

But I would love to See Jones vs Silva first.

[View Full Version of this Page]