MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Machida still wants to stay busy, targets Gustafsson if Jones' time off lengthy   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

As it currently stands, UFC President Dana White has declared Lyoto Machida the promotion's current No. 1 contender at light heavyweight. But if the division's champ isn't cleared to fight until the end of the year, "The Dragon" has another plan in mind.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Machida vs Gustafsson is a great match up

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

i actually think machida takes this one. hes gonna counterpunch his way to a UD

bootyclause » Posted 7/26/07 9:02:00PM

seems like a waste of a good contender in a division that needs any possible warm body to fight for the title.

I think Gustaffson, Machida and Glover should all get easy fights and wait for their shots at Jones in the next 2 years. The LHW and HW divisions are growing too slowly to support 2-3 new contenders every year. If they have anyone who has legit contender status they shouldnt squander it by making them fight each other.

I know that goes against the more traditional idea of contenders fighting each other but there really is a lack of guys on the horizon right now after those 3 I mentioned.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Jones vs Silva...now before it's too late!

[View Full Version of this Page]