MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Worst job(s) you've ever had   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

My time on the playground has been cut short for sometime. The first reason was a 3rd shift stocking job at Meijer(Mid-West Wally World) and then I quit that job because my friend said he could get me a job at Boston Market. It seemed ideal since this friend is about to become a manager of the Boston Market and I have another friend and I guess a semi-friend(is that even a thing?) that works there as well.

So when I went into the interview I was told straight up that I would only wash dishes for my first 2 weeks. Ok whatever no big deal it is better than working a 3rd shift job with a bunch of idiot co-workers.

So, 2 days later I go in for orientation to get the gist of things. Typical normal orientation a lot of blah blah blah. Then he tells me my schedule. I'll be working 6 days a week for the next 2 weeks for a total of around 65 hours(since I close it is always random when we get out). Ok sweet I am going to get money. Hooray! I didn't realize what I was walking into though.

So I walk in on my first day and they just kind of throw me back there. No training. Some people may think ok yeah no big deal all you do is wash dishes. Well they have a system where things get put in certain places and how to wash certain things and so on. So about 2 hours in a receive a little training from a lady who speaks 0 English. Then I also learn I have to wash my little area and the cooler before close and I can start doing it at around 7(Closing starts at 9 and store really doesn't close till like 940-10).

Another issue is one of the mangers thinks she is THE Boston Market. That is always fun working with someone like that. Also, since I am so 'fast' at washing dishes(watch out! I know!) the people that open leave a shit ton of dishes for me when I start. I had 2 full sinks of 'clean dishes', 2 full sinks of dirty dishes, and a tower of dirty dishes next to those and then 3 full bins of silver ware, plates, and bowls. So that was fun.

I was also told I was supposed to start training for a different position 3 days ago and that still hasn't happened. I also highly doubt I will be out of dishes in 2 weeks. Also, I started on a Monday. It is Sunday. I just learned yesterday how to officially clean my 'station'. Just learned I have to take out the garbage about two days ago. So I have 0 clue on who was doing that before me. Still don't know where some of the stuff goes so I just wing it.

I suppose another bad thing is I come home in a soaked shirt, pants, and shoes. I have cuts all over my hands since my hands get so pruny. Also, my back kills since I am averagely tall and the sink is pretty low.

So this is just me bitching because I needed to bitch to someone. So why not you wonderful group of people. I'd have to say this is the worst job I've ever had and probably ever will have. I know it might not seem terrible and I'm just a little complainer and I should suck it up but I guess this is one way of releasing stress? Sure lets go with that.

So I ask you people. What is the worst job(s) you've ever had?

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

worst job i ever had was as a newspaper inserter

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

my squad was in charge of cleaning the shitting areas when i was in Iraq. when i say shitting areas i mean four 50gal drums cut in half full of human shit. every few days we had to fill them with diesel fuel and light it on fire. then we had to stand there and stir the shit pot until all the shit was burned. after a while we got so used to it we would sit around it like a damn camp fire. good times.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Arbys. I hated that place with a passion and the food is disgusting. Especially with how careless they are back in the kitchen.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Pumping Gas. I know a lot of you guys live in states where you do it yourself but here in Oregon at least 75% of us as teenagers have pumped gas as a job. Its not too bad in the summer but it fucking SUCKS in the winter. Wind and rain make shit horrible and when you get gas on your hands it dries them out to the point of cracking and once the wind blows its 3x as cold. So glad I don't ever have to do that again

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

my squad was in charge of cleaning the shitting areas when i was in Iraq. when i say shitting areas i mean four 50gal drums cut in half full of human shit. every few days we had to fill them with diesel fuel and light it on fire. then we had to stand there and stir the shit pot until all the shit was burned. after a while we got so used to it we would sit around it like a damn camp fire. good times.

that definitely sounds shitty

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

I worked in a factory making distillery supplies. It does not sound bad, but I was in small room with no ventilation pouring sack after sack of powdered sugar and carbon into a mixer. Every day when I got home I would spend half an hour clearing black soot mixed with sugar out of my airways. Not fun. I've had about 30 differe t jobs working different factories, and they ALL sucked. Get self employed guys, it's the easiest way to leave the rat race.

Tcunningham, you win this thread btw

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Coincidentally - a dishwasher at Richard's (local family restaurant). Fuck that shit. I worked with a dude that would eat off of plates before we washed them.

I was there a month. The motto in the kitchen was "if you have time to lean, you have time to clean." No one but the dishwasher and bus boys had to abide by it it seemed.

I finally had enough about two hours in to all-you-can-eat fried chicken night. I let my line get backed up to the door while everyone else (who was no longer busy) was goofing off, laughing and shooting the shit with each other (at the end of the dinner crowd rush), took my manly hair net off and started to walk out.

The manager, the head cook and one of the other line cooks followed me out to see what was going on. I told them, "if you've got time to fuck off, then fuck off."

And left. I miss being able to do that (I was 16 or 17 at the time).

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Only job I ever had since I was 16 is the one I have
Worst fucking company on the planet

On Friday every manager in my store got a 500 dollar bonus but I didn't get any despite I was there for the fiscal quarter.

Cause these dumbasses delayed my Transfer till march I was ineligible for it even though I have been working since Oct with this store. Not even a I am sorry.

We are understaffed. So I can't wait till thur till they try to call me on my day off. I will tell them hell no

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I too had a factory job one summer. For eight hours I would take off a punched out box with my left hand and put one on with my right. Day after day. No air conditioning in the 90+ heat, and the dumbest coworkers you could ask for. When I wasn't feeling sorry for myself, I was feeling sorry for them...they had no future.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

i've worked 20 different jobs.. each one shittier then the last

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

For TC...Marine Corps Recruiter...nuff said.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Worst job I had was my first job...McDonalds. I was 14. I did cashier, drive through, fries...it was awful. I always smelled like BO there, and it was just a filthy job. Only worked there for about 4 months, a friend and me got caught smoking weed behind the building during a break...it was worth it.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I like my job now, but still reading this thread first thing on a monday isn't a great idea.

My worst was probably painting apartments. Downside is it's boring as fuck but the upside was I worked alone and listened to all the Billy Joel I wanted. Overall it could have been much worse, for instance...shit cleaner, factory worker, or dish washer.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

I'm a carer so somedays the residents are fine
Other days there sitting naked in there commode whilst you give them a shower and there having a horrible case of explosive diarrhoea with it splashing right on your brand new shoes

Ive got stories of residents washing there teeth with toliet brushes. Also a co-worker tried to hit on me whilst I was wiping shit off the floor and she was washing a mans leg whilst he was still shitting on the toliet...

But the worse resident is one who poo'd in the sink, was using it as make up and then threw it at me.... For the record they are in severe stages of dementia

Never a dull moment in the care home lol. You're either cut out to be a carer or you aren't! Somedays I question whether I'm cut out to be one when your cleaning out old people's foreskins, female carers don't do it because they don't know it has to be done and I'm one of only 2 male carers... So sometimes it's been a while............

Dirty Blue

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]