MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
After recent UFC win, Myles Jury calls out Takanori Gomi for next fight   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Fresh off a devastating knockout of "The Ultimate Fighter 13" finalist Ramsey Nijem at this past weekend's UFC on FOX 7 event, Myles Jury is setting his sets high for his next fight.

Link

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

That's like me calling out the wavemaster at the gym

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

I like the fight, but don't love it.

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

At first this sort of seemed to me like asking for an easy win...

But then I thought about it, and really Gomi would be on a 3-fight win streak against good competition if he hadn't been robbed against Diego. Its an interesting stylistic match-up, and Gomi still has great power.

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

Why don't any of the new guys call out other people who are in their prime as well? Call out Melendez and see what happens.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Posted by Goatenstein

Why don't any of the new guys call out other people who are in their prime as well? Call out Melendez and see what happens.

I guess they feel like having a big name or legend on their record would get their name out there more. I agree with you though, why not call out someone like Gil. He's elite, he's in his prime and a win over Gil would do more for your career at this point than a win over Gomi.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Maybe Gomi will become the LW Cro Cop

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Why would you call out Gomi? That seems like a waste of a call out.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by Goatenstein

Maybe because Jury is an up and coming fighter. Besides the UFC wouldn't match Jury up with Melendez at this point.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by JLS1980

Posted by Goatenstein

Maybe because Jury is an up and coming fighter. Besides the UFC wouldn't match Jury up with Melendez at this point.

This

Why call out someone who is at the top of the division if you are no where near that? At least Gomi is within the same tier/ranking in the division

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]