MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jon Jones targets superfights after breaking Tito Ortiz's title-defense record   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Provided he gets past Chael Sonnen (27-12-1 MMA, 6-5 UFC) this Saturday at UFC 159, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) plans to fight again in November.

And if successful in defending his belt this fall, Jones told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he'll shift focus to competing in superfights and the heavyweight division.

Jones, who's as big as a 10-to-1 favorite to beat Sonnen, has a goal to surpass the current record for successful title defenses in his division, which was set by UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz at five...

Link

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

10-1 seems absurd. 5-1 maybe, but 10-1 is crazy.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Jones has the potential to be the Michael Jordan of MMA. I'm extremely curious to see how long he can continue to destroy his opponents for.

LuckyCharms » Posted 3/28/11 6:57:00PM

Posted by sparky

Jones has the potential to be the Michael Jordan of MMA. I'm extremely curious to see how long he can continue to destroy his opponents for.

Negative

Jon Jones has the potential to be Kobe Bryant

Anderson Silva= Micheal Jordan

GSP= Lebron James

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by LuckyCharms

Posted by sparky

Negative

Anderson Silva= Bill Russell

GSP= Michael Jordan

Fixed

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by LuckyCharms

Posted by sparky

Negative

Anderson Silva= Bill Russell

GSP= Michael Jordan

Fixed

Russell never had Anderson's offense.....nor his striking ability

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I still think he needs to get by texeira and gustalffsson to clean out the division

[View Full Version of this Page]