MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Following UFC on FOX 7 loss, UFC boss wants Nate Diaz to stay at lightweight   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

SAN JOSE, Calif. – Earlier this week Nate Diaz said he planned to move from lightweight to welterweight regardless of what happened at Saturday's UFC on FOX 7 event. Don't count UFC President Dana White among the proponents of that plan.

Link

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I agree with Dana one this one. Nate's better off staying at 155lbs. Just 2 fights ago Nate was on a nice roll. Now he's lost 2 straight, 1 to Bendo and now to Josh Thompson. That's a couple of tough, tough dudes he lost to.

Thompson is 1-1-1 in his 3 fights against Gil, and last night Gil gave the champ everything he could handle.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Why don't you pay him more money first...Nate got robbed last fight

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I don't see diaz moving up now

bootyclause » Posted 7/26/07 9:02:00PM

I think welterweight has moved ahead of lightweight by a considerable amount; at least in the top 20. WW is filled with wrestlers who would probably grind Nate down. LW has mostly guys willing to engage in Nate's style of fights with only a few grinders. Plus Guida and Edgar have vacated their place in the ranks.

Plus bendo is beatable and there could be a different champ in a year. Nate would never beat GSP and probably couldn't win the three or four top 20 welterweight fights to even earn that title shot anyway.

[View Full Version of this Page]