MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Despite near-tragic weight cut, UFC's Daniel Cormier considering 205   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Despite building an undefeated record as a heavyweight, Daniel Cormier is strongly considering a move to the light heavyweight division. It's an astonishing revelation for a man who has long insisted such a move would be impossible, especially since it nearly killed Cormier previously.

Link

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

Yet another dumb move motivated by being friends / training partners with the champ of your division.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by finnish_line

Yet another dumb move motivated by being friends / training partners with the champ of your division.

Some people have morals and stand by what they believe in.

Fighting someone you help get ready for every single fight they have and vise versa just doesn't make sense. This will never change.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by finnish_line

Yet another dumb move

Not if a Automatic title shot at 205 is in the cards.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

I wonder how Jon will like fighting off his back. That is if Chael doesn't put him there first.

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

Posted by sparky

Well hopefully Cormier doesn't die of kidney failure.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by finnish_line

Sure him and Cain don't want to fight each other, but why does that mean a 5'10" fighter shouldn't drop to 205? This devastating cut was back in 2008 and he states that he was doing the weight cutting the wrong way. He says he walks around at 234 now. If he commits to the weight cut he should be able to make it a lot more easily. I also don't really see this as a dumb move either. Right now people are jumping the gun on it being a dumb move...if he loses to Mir I'll bet the first thing addressed is his weight class.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

If he can do it without any problems then I say its a good move.

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points
#12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points
#12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers
#14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

" Dream As If You'll Live Forever, Live As If You'll Die Today"- James Dean

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by finnish_line

Fighting someone you help get ready for every single fight they have and vise versa just doesn't make sense. This will never change.

since they refuse to fight I hope they never go hard in sparring then cause that would be liking fighting expect without the belt & money.

[View Full Version of this Page]