MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Kelvin Gastelum planning move to welterweight after Ultimate Fighter stint kept his MMA career alive   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Kelvin Gastelum says that he plans to move to welterweight after winning the UFC's Ultimate Fighter finale.

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Perfect!

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

Good call. I was afraid he'd e unrealistic about his chances at this size given the momentum from the show etc. Will have a decent career at WW.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

smart guy

LightsOUT23 » Posted 12/26/11 6:25:00PM

Does anyone else see Kelvin Gastelum developing into the Cain Valesquez of the WW division?

For me, Kelvins story so far resembles the HW champ in many ways. Kelvin already has great wrestling and cardio, i can only think that his boxing will get even better. For me, Kelvins relentless pace when he fights is similar to the start of Valesquez when he began his UFC career.

Great season of TUF, Congrats to Kelvin, no one saw him coming through in the finals including me.

imanidiot777 » Posted 1/22/08 12:25:00PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

Does anyone else see Kelvin Gastelum developing into the Cain Valesquez of the WW division?

For me, Kelvins story so far resembles the HW champ in many ways. Kelvin already has great wrestling and cardio, i can only think that his boxing will get even better. For me, Kelvins relentless pace when he fights is similar to the start of Valesquez when he began his UFC career.

Great season of TUF, Congrats to Kelvin, no one saw him coming through in the finals including me.

Agree with everything you said. The only thing he won't have in common with Cain is being the champion. Unless it takes 5 years and GSPs age takes effect, I don't see him winning.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i think he will do much better at WW. good move

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by LightsOUT23

Agree with everything you said. The only thing he won't have in common with Cain is being the champion. Unless it takes 5 years and GSPs age takes effect, I don't see him winning.

and Kelvin works for position and subs on the ground while Cain prefers to gnp

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

LightsOUT23 » Posted 12/26/11 6:25:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by LightsOUT23

and Kelvin works for position and subs on the ground while Cain prefers to gnp

Very good point !!!

[View Full Version of this Page]