MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Conor McGregor campaigning for UFC 159's open slot, second fight in three weeks   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

With Joe Proctor (8-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) out of this month's UFC 159 event due to an injury, as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported on Wednesday, one potential replacement has thrown his hat into the cage as a possible replacement.

Conor McGregor (13-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC), who recently won a "Knockout of the Night" award in his promotional debut at UFC on FUEL TV 9, wants the fight with fellow lightweight Al Iaquinta (5-2-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC).

LINK

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Saw Shawn say something about this. I'm in favor of the replacement

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Sounds good to me, he looked badass last time!

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I'd love to see this, I think he would destroy Iaquinta

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

As long as it's a replacement fight I'm for it.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

Iaquinta is just waiting for any half-decent fighter to sign his walking papers out of the UFC. McGregor can be that guy that does it for Al.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by OnyxShadow

Iaquinta is just waiting for any half-decent fighter to sign his walking papers out of the UFC. McGregor can be that guy that does it for Al.

Shhhh. We need to keep McGregor plus money for wagers.

I think Iaquinta takes the fight easy

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Hope he gets the fight. But I doubt Dana gives it to him

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Fight doesn't really make any sense. Iaquinta's coming off a loss and Conor is coming off of what he made look like an easy win against a guy ranked much higher than Al.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Not gonna happen. Iaquinta is now off the card due to leg injury.

[View Full Version of this Page]