MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Disgusted Gegard Mousasi brands 'jackass' Wanderlei Silva 'idiot of the year' for April Fool's Day prank   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Wanderlei Silva thought he pulled the "best April Fool's Day joke ever" when he told the mixed martial arts (MMA) community that he was flying to Sweden to fight Gegard Mousasi, who thought he was left without an opponent for his UFC on FUEL TV 9 headliner this Saturday (April 6, 2013) when Alexander Gustafsson was busted open in practice.

Turns out "The Dreamcatcher" was not amused.

@wandfc @wandfc @arielhelwani IDIOT OF THE YEAR 2013!! Good job JACKASS!!! http://t.co/b2qgrRGYdg

That might be the first time in history the usually-stoic Mousasi has ever raised his voice.

The former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion has likely been on an emotional roller coaster over the past few days. Once it became public that "The Mauler" was sliced open and in danger of being removed from this weekend's main event at the Ericsson Globe Arena, Mousasi has basically played the waiting game.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

That's a pretty big reaction, Mousasi is usually as calm as Fedor. I wonder if that is because he actually wanted the fight?

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Wand shouldn't have been making jokes like that when Gegard is still opponent less but who knows maybe Gegard can bait him into taking the fight. I personally can't imagine there's anyone out there that would take the fight regardless of where it is and what shape they are in. Gegard is still considered an unknown to n00bs and might have the most vicious striking at 205.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

There was no problem with it. Gegard needs to relax

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Gegard had his chain pulled, fully understandable and Wanderlei might be funny, but he's a jackass for sure getting our hopes up.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

I'd be pissed if I was 4 days out from a fight, no opponent in sight in a strange country and someone started saying they'd fight me. Tweet at me, tell the media he was packing to fly over, tell everyone he was agreeing compensation an then the next day say "Na, I was just playin."

He's cutting weight for a fight that all honesty may not even happen. He's a pretty chilled out dude so for this to rile him up shows how annoying it must have been.

I can see why Wand did it, but in my opinion it just wasn't that funny. If it was anyone else i think the term "asshole" would be getting thrown around.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Posted by infestructure

Gegard had his chain pulled, fully understandable and Wanderlei might be funny, but he's a jackass for sure getting our hopes up.

The only jackasses here are the MMA "journalists" who are butthurt b/c the story that they wrote on MMAinmymomsbasement.com was all a troll job on a day known for practical jokes and pranks.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by prophecy033

I'd be pissed if I was 4 days out from a fight, no opponent in sight in a strange country and someone started saying they'd fight me. Tweet at me, tell the media he was packing to fly over, tell everyone he was agreeing compensation an then the next day say "Na, I was just playin."

He's cutting weight for a fight that all honesty may not even happen. He's a pretty chilled out dude so for this to rile him up shows how annoying it must have been.

I can see why Wand did it, but in my opinion it just wasn't that funny. If it was anyone else i think the term "asshole" would be getting thrown around.

could you imagine if that was Bisping who tweeted that instead of Wandy?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Posted by SmileR

Posted by prophecy033

and he'll get an opponent. It was April fools and he got took....I don't have a problem with it

Plus, he never got a call about a fight witj Silva so that should have been an indicator right there that it wasn't happening

#2 UFC 112 Points
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SmileR

Posted by prophecy033

could you imagine if that was Bisping who tweeted that instead of Wandy?

oh yeah, I woulda ripped him to shreds because that's how I roll

In all seriousness, I would have liked to see that fight too and would have actually been disappointed it wasn't happening. Probably would have propped him for getting me too.

Actually, ill just stick with disrespecting him in some way

#2 UFC 112 Points

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

'Jackass'

Nah, more like teh "stereo-typical pre-fight warmup"

I mean, c'mon CHAELgrounders, does that pic look like a 'jackass?' Well, upon further look....hmmm....Gegard might be on to something

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I have to admit, the joke left a sour taste in my mouth. Especially when it was announced who Mousasi's actual opponent would be. I actually got way too excited for the idea of Wandy vs. Mousasi.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Wanderlei Silva's April Fool's Response

UFC 151: Never Forget

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

take a chill pill duuuuuuuude

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Wand is the man

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]