MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Wanderlei Silva says potential UFC on FUEL TV 9 slot an April Fools' prank   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

While he admits he'd like the opportunity, Wanderlei Silva today admitted he was simply pulling an April Fools' Day prank when he said he had replaced Alexander Gustafsson at Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 9 event.

With Gustafsson's status questionable due to a recent facial cut, Silva tweeted on Monday that the UFC had contacted him about filling in and fighting light heavyweight Gegard Mousasi.

Like any good April Fools' Day joke, Silva's claim was believable enough to seem possible, despite the April 1 date. Mousasi even tweeted that he'd take the fight. Silva, though, admitted it was all a rouse...

Link

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I was hoping this was the case. I for one really want to see Gustafsson vs Mousasi

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Vandelay actually thinking he could beat Gegard is a joke.

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Vandelay actually thinking he could beat Gegard is a joke. [/QUOTE

No. The joke is Fhael thinking he can beat Bones. Even if Fhael went back to his steroid taking days, Jon would crush him!!!

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Vandelay actually thinking he could beat Gegard is a joke. [/QUOTE

No. The joke is Fhael thinking he can beat Bones. Even if Fhael went back to his steroid taking days, Jon would crush him!!!

Uhhhhh, Chael is still juicing legally (TRT) and if he really never had a chance at beating Jones it seems bizarre that Jones would turn down the fight and the money.

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

i hope this "prank" gets him the fight!!!!

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Wand the best April first ever!

[View Full Version of this Page]