MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 162 adds Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira, Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson   [View Full Version]
DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

A pair of key featherweight matchups have been added to July's UFC 162 event, as former UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar (15-4-1 MMA, 9-4-1 UFC) faces Charles Oliveira (16-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and Dennis Siver (21-8 MMA, 10-5 UFC) meets Cub Swanson (19-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC).

UFC officials today announced the new matchups.

Featuring a middleweight title fight between current champ Anderson Silva and undefeated contender Chris Weidman, UFC 162 takes place July 6 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

LINK

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Fraaaankie!

Sweet fights!!! Loving that they're still doing Siver vs Swanson
This card is stacked through with Middleweights and Featherweights!

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

love Oliveira but wont be picking him here. tough tough matchup

UFC 151: Never Forget

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Why isn't Frankie fighting Cub?

Great card regardless!

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Oliveira has huge potential but falters under pressure. Ill take frankie to get the finish.

If cub tries to strike the whole time with Siver he'll find himself in trouble, but if he uses his wrestling I think he'll come away with the win.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I can see why Edgar vs Swanson never happened
Two great fights. Three huge featherweight cards
With title implications

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

i like both fights. Anyone know who money mendes is fighting next ?? I would love to see him vs frankie. To me mendes is a major sleeper at fw atm...nobody is talking about him !

Posted by aussiemma

i like both fights. Anyone know who money mendes is fighting next ?? I would love to see him vs frankie. To me mendes is a major sleeper at fw atm...nobody is talking about him !

Yup he's fighting Darren Elkins in April, who stepped in for Clay Guida. I agree he's a sleeper, everyone keeps pulling out of fights with him though!

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I actually enjoy the fact that Frankie is fighting Oliviera...it's time for him to start fresh again.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

I actually enjoy the fact that Frankie is fighting Oliviera...it's time for him to start fresh again.

WAR FRANKIE

Also Cub vs Siver is a great fight should be fireworks

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

This card is looking great

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Posted by kopower

This card is looking great

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by aussiemma

Not sure how he's a sleeper, he fought for the title a year ago and they just want him to keep putting guys away while they give title shots to lw at fw.

I definitely like cub for this matchup, siver is talented but he comes across a bit lax since he doesn't have that killer instinct. He always let's hurt guys off the hook and cub is someone you don't want to give a second chance.

The edgar oliviera fight seems a bit random but after fighting 3 guys in 6 fights I am excited to see edgar mix it up with someone totally different than his last 7 fights.

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Posted by aussiemma

Yup he's fighting Darren Elkins in April, who stepped in for Clay Guida. I agree he's a sleeper, everyone keeps pulling out of fights with him though!

Mendes is a sleeper?

Nah, I don't think so. Mendes just doesn't need to be talked about too much. What's to say? He's really-good-but-not-good-enough wrestle boxer who got demolished by his division's champ.

Elkins vs Mendes sounds like a great fight btw.

[View Full Version of this Page]