MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Melvin Guillard exits the Blackzilians and rejoins Greg Jackson in New Mexico   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

UFC lightweight Melvin Guillard has decided to exit the Blackzilians and return to his former team under the tutelage of coach Greg Jackson.

Guillard, who had been working with the Florida-based team since the second half of 2011, announced via Twitter that he was leaving the training camp to go back to New Mexico.

The former Ultimate Fighter season 2 cast member first began working with Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn in 2009 after bouncing around several different teams since his first fights all the way back in 2002.

LINK

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Who knows with Guillard...guys inconsistant to say the least...hopefully it will do something for him.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Needs more smiley faces.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

I blame Über.....rumor has it, that apparently he was unwilling to share his magical horse meat with his fellow teammates.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

He was 5-1 with Jackson's and 1-3 with the Blackzillians. I'm thinking this is probably the right choice.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

One of the better decisions he's made.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Melvin seemed to be a better fighter under Greg Jackson, props to him for realizing and making the jump back to where he has seen the most success

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

For someone with a substance abuse issue, Boca Raton isn't a good place to be, and most of his team mates are notorious party/club goers. Jacksons's is probably the best place for him in regards to company kept and lack of a crazed party scene.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

Posted by Svartorm

For someone with a substance abuse issue, Boca Raton isn't a good place to be, and most of his team mates are notorious party/club goers. Jacksons's is probably the best place for him in regards to company kept and lack of a crazed party scene.

So long as he stays away from the after training activities of a certain champ there who's name may or may not rhyme with Lawn Gnomes.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

it doesnt look like the blackzillians are doing very well. i havent been impressed with any of their fighters for a while. i wonder if there will be any more fighters leaving them soon.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Good for him, big fan of Guillard. Can't wait to see him back in action and hopefully make another run to the top of the division.

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

I feel like it's a story of athleticism without intellect vs being a great athlete with superb game planning.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Definitely a smart move for Gulliard. With this camp change I'm sure he'll never get choked out again.

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

He needs people to blame every time he loses.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

I dunno Melvin, the Blackzillians might have finally turned it around after seeing the WSOF.

It seems like Melvin needs the structure Jackson's gives him, it seems like the right move on paper.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]