MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
WSOF 2 medical suspensions: Arlovski out indefinitely with suspected broken jaw   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

The medical suspensions are in from WSOF 2 and many fighters will be heading to the doctor to clear indefinite suspensions, including both headlining fighters.

Link

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Oh man. Guess I better watch the fight.

Unless its gross...is it gross?

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

Go back and watch the clock and countdown with it at the end of the first round. AA got hit when the ref should have been stepping in but the time keeper is a moron. I'm not at all saying it wouldn't have gone down the exact same way in round 2 but the biggest amount of punishment he took was at the end of the first past when the bell should've rung.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

The grossest part was when AA took out his mouth piece, in the picture. I had no idea he possibly broke his jaw during the fight.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

The first round is the only part worth watching. It gets pretty sad from there.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I was wondering what was wrong with Arlovski he looked goofy for some reason.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Looks like maybe a couple teeth were lost as well?

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by kopower

The grossest part was when AA took out his mouth piece, in the picture. I had no idea he possibly broke his jaw during the fight.

Me either. Arlovski is a tough, tough dude. Dont know many people that could have fought 2 more rounds with a jaw like that!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i thought something looked weird about his jaw. it sounded like rumble injured his hand and maybe his leg in the fight too. very brutal for both fighters. rumble was doing really good in the stand up but when he kept shooting for TD's even after he had landed big shots on AA i figured something was wrong.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Wow the fact aa still went two more rounds after that, is just amazing.

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

Posted by jlock003

Go back and watch the clock and countdown with it at the end of the first round. AA got hit when the ref should have been stepping in but the time keeper is a moron. I'm not at all saying it wouldn't have gone down the exact same way in round 2 but the biggest amount of punishment he took was at the end of the first past when the bell should've rung.

The clock on the screen isn't the real clock. The real clock is the one controlled by the timekeeper. Sometimes they're off if theres a time out for something or the screen clock doesn't start at the same time as the bell dings to start the fight.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

That sucks :( My fav guy put up a good fight though. I'm sure he'll be back again. His chin has been holding up nicely lately though, WAR AA!

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by jlock003

The clock on the screen isn't the real clock. The real clock is the one controlled by the timekeeper. Sometimes they're off if theres a time out for something or the screen clock doesn't start at the same time as the bell dings to start the fight.

Honestly didn't even thing about that, but they last night they definitely called for 10 seconds when the clock was at 8 or 9 seconds and then it went for another 15. Good point about the clock though. I've never really thought about that. I've always assumed it was on point. Gotta be difficult with low blows and other fouls.

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

There have been timekeeper fuck-ups, like with Harris vs Falcao where the round was 4:55 due to an error. If AA could prove there was an issue, it's actually possible to get it overtuned to a No Contest. If you're bored, stopwatch it from bell to bell and see if it was accurate.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

[View Full Version of this Page]