MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Chris Weidman is Sorry, Sorry That He is Going to Derail Anderson Silva   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Any time that Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silvaor Jon Jones fights and wins lately, the superfight talk ignites.

One man that doesn’t want to hear any of that talk is No. 1 UFC middleweight contender Chris Weidman. He is slated to square off with Silva in the UFC 162 main event on July 6 in Las Vegas.

Link

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i really do hope weidman derails silva. i want to pick weidman to win but i have a really hard time betting against silva for obvious reasons. im just happy that this fight will finally take place. we have been hearing about it for too long and unless silva fights GSP or jones i dont want to see him fight in other weight classes anymore.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Damn, another funny headline!
Weidman is definitely a monster I'm not certain he has what it takes to beat Silva.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by tcunningham

i really do hope weidman derails silva. i want to pick weidman to win but i have a really hard time betting against silva for obvious reasons. im just happy that this fight will finally take place. we have been hearing about it for too long and unless silva fights GSP or jones i dont want to see him fight in other weight classes anymore.

ill be picking Silva but rooting for Weidman

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Anderson is going to murder this kid.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

WAR WEIDMAN

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

please oh please let Christmas come early

TheCatFather » Posted 3/1/07 12:36:00AM

Easier said then done just ask the 14 guys that have tried since he entered the UFC.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Coming off injury and layoff will play a part.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

So long as Chris doesn't make that an excuse if he losses then I will continue to support him...he is stepping up to a huge challange. Secretly I will be rooting for him too just because I want to see the division shaken up a bit at the top. So many cool fights for Chris if he wins.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Weidman is the future maybe even the now but I'm not really looking forward to any other Weidman fights....maybe Sonnen vs Weidman.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

if Weidman wins.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Bubbles- nailed it right on the head.

Michael_Corleone » Posted 4/7/11 11:08:00PM

A small part of me will be rooting for Weidman because I know he could use the payday. I just don't see it happening.

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

On paper, yes, he has a style, based upon the blue print from Sonnen vs Silva 1, that could allow him to beat Silva. Thing is, paper doesn't always translate over to what happens in the cage. I most certainly won't be picking him, I can tell you that for damn sure. You just can't pick against Silva at this point, I don't care who he is fighting. I was actually discussing this fight with a buddy the other day, and we both came to an agreement that, even if some fighters, like Weidman, and like Jones, who on paper have a style that gives Silva problems, and even if they beat him in the cage, nobody should have any illusions that either guy is more skilled as a whole than Silva. Silva is the best fighter, pound for pound, and pure overall skill wise, in the sport.

Edit: Due to possible ambiguity in terms of interpretation of my above thoughts, I'm saying that Silva is the better fighter between him and Weidman, but Weidman happens to be good at a specific skill that may allow him to beat silva, but he is inferior in virtually all other areas, e.g., striking.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]