MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Georges St. Pierre's coach says he fought injured and sick against Nick Diaz at UFC 158   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Just a few days after UFC 158, Firas Zahabi revealed that GSP scored his decision victory over Diaz while both nursing an injury and fighting a fever.

Link

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

An excuse for not delivering the beating he said he would give Diaz.

tattflash » Posted 3/1/07 9:10:00AM

I don't get why they always come out after winning a fight to complain anout illness/injury/bad luck etc, surely they don't want sympathy, or is it George's attempt to goad back at Nick, albeit way too late

NE-1 » Posted 4/26/07 10:47:00AM

I am somewhat inclined to believe it. I've never seen gsp gas in a fight and he was obviously pretty drained by the end of the 3rd. His double legs looked like shit at that point and his form wasn't great. Nick was able to schuck him offa couple times because gsp was just rreaching in as opposed to getting deep.

On the other hand diaz did make him work the entire time to control top position, something gsp hasn't really dealt with.

Idk I'm a big fan of gsp so maybe I am being biased.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by NE-1

Maybe, but GSP being gassed is pretty odd.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by NE-1

I am somewhat inclined to believe it. I've never seen gsp gas in a fight and he was obviously pretty drained by the end of the 3rd. His double legs looked like shit at that point and his form wasn't great. Nick was able to schuck him offa couple times because gsp was just rreaching in as opposed to getting deep.

On the other hand diaz did make him work the entire time to control top position, something gsp hasn't really dealt with.

I agree. I figured there would be some people who just took it as an excuse but I believe what they said, especially if it was a leg injury.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

I was thinking it was maybe his knee acting up...this is definately the lesser of two evils.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Nothing new. I can't remember the last time he hasn't apologized or made an excuse after the fight. It was ring rust with Shields. He forgot how to break Hardy's arm. When he jabs Hendricks to a UD he'll say he really wanted to finish Hendricks but he is so tough and such a great opponent. GOD I HATE GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

it's not we expected him to actually give nick the beating of a lifetime. we all knew, sick or not, that it was a safe bet that GSP pulls out a UD. im tired of hearing these apologies even if they are after somebody won the fight.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by NE-1

Maybe, but GSP being gassed is pretty odd.

I thought it was too

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

It's insane to make excuses for winning all 5 rounds of a fight.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Nothing new. I can't remember the last time he hasn't apologized or made an excuse after the fight. It was ring rust with Shields. He forgot how to break Hardy's arm. When he jabs Hendricks to a UD he'll say he really wanted to finish Hendricks but he is so tough and such a great opponent. GOD I HATE GSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell us how you really feel

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

GsP has more excuses than JJ has baby momma's.....I assume that George was hurt in his last 6 fights then.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

GSP didnt even say it why is everyone on his back.

Its weird hed gas in this fight and not the condit one is all i'll say its clearly not ring rust

[View Full Version of this Page]