MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Help me win my friends money!   [View Full Version]
Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

First of all, i have to state that i had no business making this bet. This bet, i have no knowledge to help me. This bet, of course is college basketball.

Were doing brackets and without you, good pookiephiles, im going to lose my five dollars.

So to any and all sympathetic citizens, can i get some analysis on this. Or god forbid, a bracket completed by the very SMARTEST person on our site.

Messages encouraged for the paranoid. Though posts here let me know you care.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I've been hearing a lot about brackets lately. According to every radio show I heard this past week, the lady in HR who never watches hoops and picks by team names always does the best, while those who do the research invariably lose.

I always believe what the media tells me! Well, not really, but in regards to NCAAB I do. I say fill that bracket out, all gut picks

Edit: I also could have sworn I heard that most are taking Louisville to win.... I like the Jayhawks as a dark horse. (Based on the 0 games I watched this year)

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i will show you i care by not giving you my advice. im awful at picking brackets & never come close to winning

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

All I've heard is Gonzaga doesn't deserve to be a #1. I'm also pretty bad at picking brackets. If all else fails, pick the team with the pretty colors.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Gonzaga has 2 Canadians in their starting 5.
Only once has all 4 #1 seeds made it to the final 4.
Never has a #16 beaten a #1
Only twice has a #15 beaten a #2 (iirc)

That's about all the useful things I can tell you by listening to "experts" the last few days when they appear as guests on the radio

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

The only time I won the money was the year I filled it all the way by flipping a coin. True story.

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

If I am a Pookiephile do I have to notify the neighbors when I move in?

Posted by Adrenaline

Are you my neighbor?

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Adrenaline

Are you my neighbor?

I'll never tell...

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Adrenaline

Are you my neighbor?

I'll never tell...

The answer to your question is Kid Rock, and to a lesser degree, bawitaba dabangdadangdiggydiggydiggy.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Posted by pmoney

According to every radio show I heard this past week, the lady in HR who never watches hoops and picks by team names always does the best, while those who do the research invariably lose.

I have played many pools before and this ^^^ always seems to be the case.

Pookie, if that's even your real name, take the advice from Pmoney.....and I would even encourage you to make your picks blindfolded. By simply doing what Pmoney and I have suggested, you are almost guaranteed to do better than someone who pours hours of research into it.

Good luck, buddy. Nice to see you post again.

I see you're online and I was hoping to read a post from you to me. That's right - from you to only me. I've waited and I can't wait anymore buddy ole pal.

Posted by KungFuMaster

I see you're online and I was hoping to read a post from you to me. That's right - from you to only me. I've waited and I can't wait anymore buddy ole pal.

Are you on ALL of the drugs again KFM?

Posted by Pookie

The answer to your question is Kid Rock, and to a lesser degree, bawitaba dabangdadangdiggydiggydiggy.

diggy said the funky said up jump the boogy.

And sorry I'm no help on the original topic.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I was watching a show the other day. And it was a numbers/% show.

Like a #12 always beats a #5 (24 out of 27 years)
#11's win 40% of the time over #6's
Only all #1 seeds have made it only 1 other time.
Which #2 seed will be eliminated in the 2nd round.
#1 seeds have won 10 out of 14 years with a #2 seed winning only once in this span. And a #3 not winning in this span.
#1 seeds have won 17 out of 28 times.
#9's hold a 58-54 advantage over #8's
The lowest seed to reach the final 4 is a #11 seed.

After looking this stuff over I was like WTF.and determined that the bracket I filled out prior to the show was not that good.

Posted by Adrenaline

Are you on ALL of the drugs again KFM?

I may have missed one or two which is why I'm so off today.

I'll come back again when I have taken all my medication - and do expect a storm of posts from me when I do.

[View Full Version of this Page]