MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Brad Tavares calls out Wanderlei Silva for UFC 161   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Silva's epic brawl against Brian Stann last month has caught the attention of many UFC Middleweights. On Monday, Tavares called out the former Pride champ for a fight at UFC 161.

Link

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

All these younger guys calling out Wanderlei is shananagans. The Axe Murderer is a Legend and in no way should he be fighting up and comers who are not yet even fully established as a mixed martial artist. Now I mean no disrespect to Tavares but Wanderlei has paid his dues in my humble opinion and he paid them along time ago

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Tavares vs. Wandy doesn't sound all that exciting I hate to say it. I'd rather see Wandy in there with a bigger name. He doesn't have a lot of time left in the sport.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Tavares vs. Insert Name Here doesn't sound all that exciting. I'd rather see Wandy in there with a bigger name. He doesn't have a lot of time left in the sport.

At least he didn't act like a douche when he called him out like Watson. Now that I think about it, the call outters should be pitted against each other. That'll teach em!

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

It's how you make a name for yourself. If I was a fighter, I'd be calling out all the legends/names of the sport in my weight-class nearing the end of their careers. I can't blame anyone for calling someone out, it's smart. I agree it's not a matchup that makes any sense at all for Wandy though at this stage in his career.

Anyone have someone they want to see Wanderlei fight next?

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

If he wants to stay at Light Heavyweight I'd like to see him fight Forrest Griffin, Thiago Silva, Gegard Mousasi (If he loses to Gus), Chael Sonnen or Vitor Belfort next. So many good options for him right now.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

If he wants to stay at Light Heavyweight I'd like to see him fight Forrest Griffin, Thiago Silva, Gegard Mousasi (If he loses to Gus), Chael Sonnen or Vitor Belfort next. So many good options for him right now.

I'd really like to see Vitor vs Wand

#2 UFC 112 Points #9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers #12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points " Dream As If You'll Live Forever, Live As If You'll Die Today"- James Dean

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

161 main card is full dude

Rumor has Silva fighting at 162,,

My guess is Ufc 163 in Brazil

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

C'mon Brad! You can certainly do better than that...at least call out a "fighter" that is relevant.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Book it! Tavares v. Watson.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

C'mon Brad! You can certainly do better than that...at least call out a "fighter" that is relevant.

LMAO at Chael putting fighter in quotes. Wand 10 years ago was more of a fighter than Chael will ever be.

As for Brad, someone mentioned pitting him against Watson. Those two already fought in Watson's UFC debut and there are quite a few different matches for both that I would rather see. Tavares vs. Camozzi and feed Watson to Cung Le. Wand is staying at LHW.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Wanderlei vs Vitor needs to happen!!!!!!

or vs chael since there is bad blood.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

LMAO at Chael putting fighter in quotes. Wand 10 years ago was more of a fighter than Chael will ever be.

As for Brad, someone mentioned pitting him against Watson. Those two already fought in Watson's UFC debut and there are quite a few different matches for both that I would rather see. Tavares vs. Camozzi and feed Watson to Cung Le. Wand is staying at LHW.

Vands fights 10 years ago were as phony as his Botox injections today....teh Yakuza made him in Japan.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by Kpro

It's how you make a name for yourself. If I was a fighter, I'd be calling out all the legends/names of the sport in my weight-class nearing the end of their careers. I can't blame anyone for calling someone out, it's smart. I agree it's not a matchup that makes any sense at all for Wandy though at this stage in his career.

No issues with this at all. Had no issue with Kong Watson calling him out either.

In fact, props to both of them for doing so.

Michael_Corleone » Posted 4/7/11 11:08:00PM

Posted by Kpro

Forrest Griffin

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]