MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White Felt Nick Diaz Should Have Been Penalized for Swinging at Georges St-Pierre   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

UFC president Dana White felt Nick Diaz should have been deducted a point for trying to hit Georges St-Pierre between rounds.

Link

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I thought it was obvious they weren't near landing and it was more of a way to get in GSP's head, did one hit or something?

I guess the rule doesn't specify it has to land, but it's not like a point deduction would've altered the fight.

28. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Dana white just wants to defend his cash cow. Not that he's wrong or anything.

But its the same thing as the NFL defending their quarterbacks more than any other player.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I guess no one remembers how GSP threw a knee to the body after the bell in the first round. Should GSP be penalized for that? It was flagrant and it landed.

Michael_Corleone » Posted 4/7/11 11:08:00PM

How can you take a point away from someone for something that happens after the round is over? I don't believe you can. The only course of action the referee could have taken is to give a verbal warning, then if it happens again, disqualification.

I think Yves Lavigne did a good job last night. He is firmly in that second tier of referees along with Herb Dean, Josh Rosenthal, and Marc Goddard.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by Michael_Corleone

How can you take a point away from someone for something that happens after the round is over? I don't believe you can. The only course of action the referee could have taken is to give a verbal warning, then if it happens again, disqualification.

I think Yves Lavigne did a good job last night. He is firmly in that second tier of referees along with Herb Dean, Josh Rosenthal, and Marc Goddard.

Rosenthal and Dean >>>>> Yves Lavigne. By landslide.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Not surprised he did it

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Posted by Kpro

I thought it was obvious they weren't near landing and it was more of a way to get in GSP's head, did one hit or something?

I guess the rule doesn't specify it has to land, but it's not like a point deduction would've altered the fight.

28. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

I felt as though they should have deducted points from GSP for using wrestling when Nick clearly came to bang bro. If one man comes to bang... bro; it is the other bro's responsibility to bang.

Remember when James Tony got robbed because Couture refused to be a bro and bang?

We need to do something bros before are sport is bangless.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I actually was waiting for the disqualification to happen

mojo » Posted 10/20/07 3:37:00PM

So was Nick

[View Full Version of this Page]