MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
WSOF 2's Andrei Arlovski explains why training with Freddie Roach was a mistake   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Andrei Arlovski, who headlines Saturday's World Series of Fighting 2 event, doesn't plan on going back to Freddie Roach's Wild Card gym to work with the famed boxing trainer.

Link

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

"I paid too much attention to boxing," he said. "I wanted to try professional boxing. That's why I didn't focus on wrestling and jiu-jitsu, and it hurt me."

interesting, balmes Freddie because Andrei didn't want to train wrestling and jiu-jitsu.

Hopefully Shogun doesn't fall into that trap, and forget to throw those kicks.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

"I paid too much attention to boxing," he said. "I wanted to try professional boxing. That's why I didn't focus on wrestling and jiu-jitsu, and it hurt me."

interesting, balmes Freddie because Andrei didn't want to train wrestling and jiu-jitsu.

Hopefully Shogun doesn't fall into that trap, and forget to throw those kicks.

He can't blame roach for backing up to the fence and not moving his head then getting lamped. That has nothing to do with Jitz

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Freddie Roach told Arlovski the only way to beat Fedor is with a flying knee and the only way to beat Sergei is to stand and bang and the only way to beat Brett Rodgers is to not circle and walk straight backwards...

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Freddie Roach told Arlovski the only way to beat Fedor is with a flying knee and the only way to beat Sergei is to stand and bang and the only way to beat Brett Rodgers is to not circle and walk straight backwards...

And he told him to take a nap every time someone touches his chin

How did Silva not KO him?

[View Full Version of this Page]