MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White: UFC 'probably' will cut Nick Diaz if he fails UFC 158 drug test   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

MONTREAL – UFC President Dana White said the organization "probably" will cut Nick Diaz if the title challenger fails his drug test at Saturday's UFC 158 event.

White laid out the scenario following today's UFC 158 press conference at Montreal's Bell Centre, which also hosts this weekend's pay-per-view title fight between Diaz (26-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC) and UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (23-2 MMA, 17-2 UFC).

Diaz, who attended the press conference after no-showing Wednesday's open workouts, addressed the topic of drug tests during the media event. The fighter, who recently concluded a yearlong suspension after a second failed drug test due to marijuana, suggested he's taking extra precautions to assure he doesn't fail a third test.

LINK

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

My favourite line of the article:

"Matt Riddle is a f--ing moron," White said. "That's why he got cut."

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

"so I just did a little more than I did last time" ...hopefully he means that he stopped a bit earlier...

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Probably? There's Dana leaving a little wiggle room, as usual.

If Diaz fails ANOTHER piss test then he too is a moron

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

Posted by scoozna

"so I just did a little more than I did last time" ...hopefully he means that he stopped a bit earlier...

is that what he meant? that is not how i understood it while watching.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

No way he gets cut. Dana's a softie for the guys who make him money and he's pretty much let Diaz away with murder since signing with the UFC so why change now?

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

I laughed at the 'probably' part.

If Dana called Riddle a fffing moron, then what is Nick considered then?

Head scratcher.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by Wallass

No way he gets cut. Dana's a softie for the guys who make him money and he's pretty much let Diaz away with murder since signing with the UFC so why change now?

Because Dana has principles and a temper. Admittedly, he's a lot softer on guys who make him money, who are exciting, who have a fan base, and who sell tickets. But if Diaz gets suspended for another nine months the hype surrounding him dies, you've gotta stay more active than that unless you want to fall from the public eye to some degree, and failed drug tests are a huge obstacle on fighting regularly. I also think Dana lets Diaz get away with some of the stuff because he knew when he signed Nick that Nick doesn't always like to "play the game", so missing press conferences, in Dana's mind, comes with the territory to some degree. However, pissing hot is not part of the deal. I know I'm putting words into Dana's mouth here to some degree, but I think there's certain lines that even Diaz can't cross, and failing two drug tests in a row is part of that.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Head scratcher.

A moron who fights a much higher, more exciting level.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Head scratcher.

A moron who fights a much higher, more exciting level.

Riddle's high-level wrestling and incredible air punches are second to none.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

that "probably" vs "yes I will cut him" is just in case hell freezes over and Diaz wins.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Jeesys! They really need to start having one straight message to the fighters so they know what is expected and the results of not meeting up to those expectations. "Probably it may be considered as a possible consideration"

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Dana mentioned that Riddle did an interview and stated he smoked weed so he doesn't have to beat his kids.

THAT is the definition of a fucking moron.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Every time I read an interview or hear an interview with Dana my brain makes the sound Sideshow Bob makes when a rake hits him in the face

spang714 » Posted 5/28/12 7:42:00PM

Posted by Wallass

Diaz is a fucking gold mine...no way he gets cut.....

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]