MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 158 press call: Nick Diaz rips Georges St. Pierre   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Yushin Okami speaks better English than Lil' Nicky.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by cowcatcher

He's not the most well spoken guy out there(understatement), so I don't think he really gets to make his point the way he wants to very often. It obviously bothers him that people hate him, and he doesn't seem to get why they feel that way. He clearly didn't get into this sport for fame, and he's not the most well equipped guy to handle it and I think that the growth of the sport's popularity weighs hard on a guy like him. Some people, shit probably a lot of people, aren't able to handle the circus surrounding fame and big events like this. It seems to me that he's more interested in just competing, and although he wants his share of the MMA pie, he just doesn't know how to go about getting it the "right" way. I'm actually viewing the guy with some sympathy right now. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart.

i feel the same way CC.

also,

GSP telling Nick he was not successful was one of those moments where I was like "why would you tell a hungry opponent that?" not smart, imo

&

as i said on twitter, nick needs to create his anger. he needs to be motivated & be angry, so he creates this illusion of "Georges is disrespecting me" so he can feel disrespected & get mad. nothing wrong w/ it at all. just an observation

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm not a Diaz fan, I don't like the gangster attitude he displays sometimes, but I kind of feel sorry for him after hearing this call.

He's not the most well spoken guy out there(understatement), so I don't think he really gets to make his point the way he wants to very often. It obviously bothers him that people hate him, and he doesn't seem to get why they feel that way. He clearly didn't get into this sport for fame, and he's not the most well equipped guy to handle it and I think that the growth of the sport's popularity weighs hard on a guy like him. Some people, shit probably a lot of people, aren't able to handle the circus surrounding fame and big events like this. It seems to me that he's more interested in just competing, and although he wants his share of the MMA pie, he just doesn't know how to go about getting it the "right" way. I'm actually viewing the guy with some sympathy right now. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart.

I don't feel for him at all. He puts himself in these spots and is well paid for doing so. I said this before but I feel Diaz's main issue is he has never really grown up. I also think he is surrounded most time by people that are enabling him to be this way.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

God damn nick is crazy. i think hes on more than just the cheeb

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

I personally like Nick Diaz.

But what gets me is him acting like this is an un provoked verbal attack from Georges. Saying Georges was out of line. Has he forgotten about saying "GSP isn't really injured, he's just scared"? I'd say that's grounds for a nasty rebuttal and also what started this war of insults.

As P_F said, props to Diaz for getting GSP to play the game.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Typical Nick...

Nobody knows who I am.

Everybody knows who I am.

Not quoted word for word but you get my gist. I think he needs to lay off the green if he want's to be able to get his points across efficiently.

I think he's an OK person though. He says exactly what he thinks, he just doesn't think before he says it.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Just heard it on mmajunkie podcast. Diaz is fucking playing GSP as a fool its almost too perfect. It was like he ripped into GSP then apologized then back and forth. He is winning this mind game battle.

Can't wait

Also loved Hendricks 2 cents

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

spang714 » Posted 5/28/12 7:42:00PM

Best. Conference. Call. Ever.....the stoplight story was the greatest...WE'RE IN LODI MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

lol, listened to it a few times now. Pure gold. Thank you Nick for not fully growing up so that you can provide us with magical unintentionally funny one-liners.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

"If I had Georges money I'd be pampered the FUCK UP!"

Lol.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]