MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 158 press call: Nick Diaz rips Georges St. Pierre   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Nick Diaz: Everyone knows who I am. It's embarrassing not being in control of looking the way you look or coming off the way you want to come off. I'm happy for it when I'm ready for it. My life's a mess. I'm not afraid to admit it. I work hard regardless through this shit. I don't have people handing me water bottles left and right. I have to do that shit on my own and every day I know that I'm doing it on my own and that's why I know I've got to do it that much harder. I don't have people taking care of my money and my financial obligations what have you. All that stuff that people say is important, fuck that. I'm too busy fighting your fights. This new martial arts works for them when it comes to everybody wantitng to be like GSP and want to be strong and have that fitness and be more explosive and quicker. It's really not what martial arts is about. This is mixed martial arts and that' swhat fans want to see. I've lost a shit load of fights but I'm still here. People want to see real boxing, real traditional jiu-jitsu mixed up. They don't want to see five minutes of holding. I think people should be point deducted for it or running away. You should have to punch me out to beat me. People should be able to see that a little better. Maybe one day.

I hope so, if I had that much money I'd be pampered the fuck up. There's be people showing up every hour to pamper me the fuck out. Mother fucker I'm not stupid. I can tell what's what.

Georges St. Pierre: Uneducated fool. Listen to me. You sound pretty smart right now. I'm not always been like this. I've not always been rich. I started form the bottom. I worked really hard to be where I am right now. I know you don't believe this because you didn't succeed yet and maybe you didn't succeed I your life because I don't think you're smart enough to understand to reach this point. When you talk about people doing things for me, you need people to work for you to get the money rolling.

LINK

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I was on this call, it was crazy, Nick Diaz is awesome.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Georges rebuttal is a beauty. "Uneducated fool" lol.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by Wallass

Georges rebuttal is a beauty. "Uneducated fool" lol.

It was! But I don't disagree with some of Nicks thoughts. That being said George doesn't lay n pray IMO hes always working and he kicks the shit out of most everyone. I'd like to see the stoppage but its his opponents job to not end up on their back.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Sometimes I like Nick, sometimes I don't. When he goes on and on about guys not wanting to fight and running away and holding, I don't like him. Especially when he's about to fight GSP. One of the most well-rounded fighters in the sport's history. If he can't take you down, he'll out strike you. If he can't knock you out, he'll jab you to death. He doesn't just go around holding guys. I just get tired of hearing him whining all the time. If you want to fight these guys so bad and win, don't come into every fight expecting to brawl and taunt the whole time.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i loved Georges saying he spoke better English than Nick.

Also, gotta score 1 for Diaz for getting GSP to play the game w/ him.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

This gets good around the 33 minute mark. Before that is Nick spending 10 minutes a question trying to spit out an answer. After that though it's pretty entertaining.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I hope the verbal sparring is an indication of the physical fight that is coming.

I like what they both said. You can see the truth in both sides.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

I'm not a Diaz fan, I don't like the gangster attitude he displays sometimes, but I kind of feel sorry for him after hearing this call.

He's not the most well spoken guy out there(understatement), so I don't think he really gets to make his point the way he wants to very often. It obviously bothers him that people hate him, and he doesn't seem to get why they feel that way. He clearly didn't get into this sport for fame, and he's not the most well equipped guy to handle it and I think that the growth of the sport's popularity weighs hard on a guy like him. Some people, shit probably a lot of people, aren't able to handle the circus surrounding fame and big events like this. It seems to me that he's more interested in just competing, and although he wants his share of the MMA pie, he just doesn't know how to go about getting it the "right" way. I'm actually viewing the guy with some sympathy right now. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Sometimes I like Nick, sometimes I don't. When he goes on and on about guys not wanting to fight and running away and holding, I don't like him. Especially when he's about to fight GSP. One of the most well-rounded fighters in the sport's history. If he can't take you down, he'll out strike you. If he can't knock you out, he'll jab you to death. He doesn't just go around holding guys. I just get tired of hearing him whining all the time. If you want to fight these guys so bad and win, don't come into every fight expecting to brawl and taunt the whole time.

I'd agree that GSP doesn't just hold people but GSP could have knocked out or subbed all 5 of his last opponents but didn't because he never takes risks anymore. If GSP at least tried to finish his fights I don't think Nick would be talking nearly as much shit.

TheCatFather » Posted 3/1/07 12:36:00AM

Thanks for the transcript because I listened to the audio and all I can say is I guess this is why they fight and they are not building Rockets and curing cancer.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

I didn't say shit

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Can't wait for the fight
Tired of seeing gsp fight on home soil
Bring him back to Vegas baby!!!

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

GSP is pampered because he win's, and train's his ass off.

Diaz only does half that, and it's not the half that counts most.

Uneducated fool.lmaoooooo

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]