MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland official as UFC 161 headliner   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

A title fight between interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao (30-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC) and former WEC bantamweight champ Eddie Wineland (20-8-1 MMA, 2-2 UFC) will headline UFC 161.

Sources with knowledge of the planned bout told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that it has been verbally agreed to on one side. ESPN initially tweeted news of the fight today while citing UFC President Dana White.

UFC officials later issued a formal announcement.

UFC 161 takes place June 15 at MPS Centre in Winnipeg and is the promotion's first visit to the Manitoba province in Canada. Already booked for the event are Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, and Jake Shields-Tyron Woodley.

LINK

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Love this fight!

WAR EDDIE WINELAND!!!!

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Great fight on what's shaping up to be a great card.

Gotta love Barao for taking another fight before Cruz returns. He's one of the few true interim champs in mma history

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Renan will dominate Eddie

WAR BORAO

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Gotta love Barao for taking another fight before Cruz returns. He's one of the few true interim champs in mma history

And if someone where to upset Barao. He'd get fast tracked right back to the top and get a chance at the belt when it was time.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Awesome headliner, this will be a war. I think Barao has all the skills to win here but it's sure to be close as both guys are fast and two of the most technical/powerful punchers in the division.

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Awesome headliner. I hear Rory vs. Maia will also be on this card. May have to take a long road trip to Canada for this one.

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Awesome headliner. I hear Rory vs. Maia will also be on this card. May have to take a long road trip to Canada for this one.

I hope they make that fight

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

if I get my tax return early, I might join you

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

imho, i think Barao is the true champ regardless if Cruz is still the champ..life goes on, and this is what happens when u suffer 2 major injuries..u get replaced and almost not cared bout, not hating..but Barao still fights like he doesnt have the belt and that's a scary fighter for Cruz to face after renting from what seems like ages..looking forward to seeing another good performance from Barao...

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by sparky

Renan will dominate Eddie

WAR BORAO

I like Eddie, but I think Barao has an immense ground advantage and has shown he isn't afraid to fully utilize it.

[View Full Version of this Page]