MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Bellator's Douglas Lima breaks hand, tourney final with Saunders moves to summer   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

A broken hand has forced Douglas Lima (24-5 MMA, 6-1 BFC) out of his Season 8 welterweight tournament final with Ben Saunders (16-5-2 MMA, 7-2 BFC), Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney today announced.

However, rather than plugging in a replacement, the organization simply will delay the fight a few months and host it as part of its annual Summer Series of events.

An exact date hasn't been determined, a Bellator official today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The fighters initially were slated to fight on March 21 at Bellator 93, which airs on Spike TV from Lewiston, Maine.

LINK

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I was literally just talking about Lima and how much fun he is to watch fight...... then I come on my favourite place to be the PG to find out this bad news

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Total bummer. Lima is one violent dude. If he gets a good TDD game I'd love to see him in the UFC.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

FN25 Shields vs Ellenberger - New Orleans
Bellator 73- Tunica

Never Trust A Man Who Does Not Make All Of His Picks

UFC 151: Never Forget

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

F this, make the fight happen anyway. He doesn't need hands for another tko leg kicks

[View Full Version of this Page]