MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Matthew Riddle again tests positive for marijuana, cut from UFC   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Riddle is a dummy for getting busted again but they really need to change the rules. Riddle and Diaz both got busted for having THC metabolites in their body, not THC. The metabolite stays in your body weeks after you have smoked. So if these 2 goons legally smoked weed days before the fight and then fought while sober there should be no recourse.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Riddle is a dummy for getting busted again but they really need to change the rules. Riddle and Diaz both got busted for having THC metabolites in their body, not THC. The metabolite stays in your body weeks after you have smoked. So if these 2 goons legally smoked weed days before the fight and then fought while sober there should be no recourse.

That's what Diaz's attorney tried arguing, but they recently denied the case because of the way Nick filled out his paperwork with the AC. I would be curious to see how it would've played out, had there not been multiple issues.

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

Posted by shaneTpain

i want this picture as my avatar now lol....weed shouldn't even be considered a performance enhancing drug....and they let people use TRT this is completely retarded imo

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

My question is can a employer fire you if you fail their drug test even though you have a medical card? I would think if a employer didn't want to employ a pot smoker it would be within their rights to not do so.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by postman

My question is can a employer fire you if you fail their drug test even though you have a medical card? I would think if a employer didn't want to employ a pot smoker it would be within their rights to not do so.

It has happened, yes. I believe it was Walmart that I saw the story on.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

It has happened, yes. I believe it was Walmart that I saw the story on.

If that's the case then I see no reason anyone should think they can get away with it. Its the rules if you don't like them find another employer.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

he failed a drug test for a recreational drug twice in 7 months. there is no excuse for that, no matter where you work. he's lucky he works in a business that just gave him a small suspension the first time around & didnt fire him forever.

if your only argument is that the ufc is hypocritical for cutting Riddle for popping 2x & not others, i get it, but you're over looking a very important piece: Riddle is an idiot.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Tyzzler » Posted 1/27/09 10:52:00PM

This bs with Riddle getting cut over smoking is ridiculous. Like many have said before, it hinders your performance if anything, it definitely doesn't increase it. If they want to get high that's their own prerogative. They let all of them get drunk whenever they want don't they? And just because it's a "legal medical card" within the state is a joke stipulation to bypass the stupid federal law that outlaws it in the first place. Argue marijuana VS alcohol all you want, but I've never woken up next to a hyena where I can't remember what happened in the last 24 hours after a bong hit. Alcohol is far more of a detriment to a fighter's behavior that could result in bringing bad attention to Zuffa as a corporation. Let them smoke.

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

Riddle has two kids and is now jobless because he twice did something he knew wasn't allowed by the UFC or athletic commissions.

Absolutely, positively, no ones fault but his own.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by Svartorm

Riddle has two kids and is now jobless because he twice did something he knew wasn't allowed by the UFC or athletic commissions.

Explain Nick Diaz, Thiago Silva etc?

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Matthew Riddle tests positive for stupidity, cut from UFC

That's how I read it!

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Svartorm

Explain Nick Diaz, Thiago Silva etc?

If you're looking for a "fair" explaination, you're not going to get one. It's purely a business decision, yet Riddle still put himself into it. They'd be booking Riddle vs Hathaway right now if he hadn't failed a second drug test. No ones fault but his own.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Pages: 1 2 [3]

[View Full Version of this Page]