MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Matthew Riddle again tests positive for marijuana, cut from UFC   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Matthew Riddle (8-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) was off on his timetable to cease marijuana usage prior to a fight.

The welterweight fighter on Tuesday confirmed to MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) that he failed his second post-fight drug test for marijuana and has been released from the UFC.

Riddle flunked a test following UFC on FUEL TV 7, where he earned a split call against Che Mills (15-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC).

LINK

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Riddle wins 4 in a row, gets busted for pot 2x, gets cut. Thiago Silva only won 1 fight of his last 6, busted for PED's 2x, stays employed.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

What a fucking idiot. He was in the big leagues and couldn't stay clean long enough before a fight to piss clean. Yes, I know he has is weed card but I don't care. The dude deserved to be cut

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Some guy's just can't stay away from the sweet leaf.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I don't feel sorry for him
He had his chance to correct the pot smoking

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

So, not only did the winner AND loser get cut from that fight, but I believe that puts the cut total to 8 for UFC on Fuel 7. That has to be a record. Exactly 1/3 of the card was cut.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

WTF Riddle... Man this bums me out seeing as he was doing great. I wonder if they're going to re-sign Mills like they did with Vera after his Silva fight.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Riddle wins 4 in a row, gets busted for pot 2x, gets cut. Thiago Silva only won 1 fight of his last 6, busted for PED's 2x, stays employed.

Not saying I agree with the discrepancy but

Matt Riddle Total fights - 11
Matt Riddle fights won by finish - 1
Matt RIddle Fights going to decision - 8

Thiago Silva Total fights - 17
Thiago Silva fights won by finish - 13
Thiago Silva fights going to decision - 3

Its pretty clear from the last round of cuts that being entertaining is more important than winning, if you're not entertaining you are walking a tightrope and any false move will have you cut from the company.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Damn that sucks.... Riddle seems like a good dude. Hopefully he can get some wins, figure his shit out and pass some piss tests. Maybe then he will get a chance to re-sign with the UFC. I mean, he made his pro debut in the UFC, and he just seemed to be hitting his stride...

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Good point Flashy, another point to make is who they are each fighting...I don't think a lot of fighters are looking to take on Alves any time soon. He has to know his neck is on the block and will going for the destruction in his next bout.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Matthew Riddle tests positive for stupidity, cut from UFC

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

never a dull moment in the ufc !

shame though, he was just really coming into his own and fighting with good game plans. He would have been a good test for any up and comer.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]