MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
What's with the Machida hate?   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Bubbles

if you applaud Machida, you by default cannot hate Guida for his style vs Maynard.

Oh really? Tell me more about how Guida is known to be a great illusive cerebral striker, who makes people pay with counters.

A voice of reason. If all Machida does is run, how is he winning fights? Somebody ask Shogun how to beat him, simply running away doesn't win you fights and a UFC belt.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Bubbles

if you applaud Machida, you by default cannot hate Guida for his style vs Maynard.

Oh really? Tell me more about how Guida is known to be a great illusive cerebral striker, who makes people pay with counters.

its the style of their fight that night, not their overall game...I didnt think I would have had to spell it out for you

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Pookie

Guida landed a comical 14% of his strikes and none of them with power. Lyoto just fought the way he had too. Hendos hand speed is fast. He almost got clipped a few times.

both fought with the same style. We have seen a number of times that swinging and missing = points on judges scorecards. It's a double standard, people don't like Guida will be biased in seeing something different.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

machida is a counter striker and he did just that. its damn hard to watch because frankly its pretty boring without a KO.

every time hendo came in he pretty much always got hit with a hard knee.

the last 30 sec was the most exciting part of the fight. machida actually stood in front of hendo and LOOKED like he might let his hands go.

forgetful fight Imo

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Fight went the just as I thought it would would just hoped one or the other would have hit the canvas. I thought it was pretty exciting I was on the edge of my seat just waiting for that one punch to land. I would have liked to see 2 more rounds. I thought Dan worked his kicks allot more then usual. He was throwing from both sides. wasn't Hendo Shogun but it wasn't Quarry Starnes either.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by grappler0000

You have to admit it's a little ironic to question people hating on the Machida fight, while simultaneously hating on a more exciting fight in the process.

I didn't mean this to be a slight towards Ronda's fight, I would have been happy to see this fight as the headliner in Fox Fuel 7. To be honest I just wanted 2 more rounds.

I mean Stann vs. Wand most likely won't need 10 mins to solve there differences in the cage.

I know what you're saying. As a counter point though, the only reason why we would need 2 more rounds is because they didn't go after it like Rousey/Carmouche did and like Silva/Stann most likely will. So, when you consider how reserved each guy was knowing it would only go 15, it's scary to think how much action wouldn't happen if it were slated for 25. I'd say we might be lucky it was only a 3 round fight. If that fight went 5 rounds as the main event, the headlines would be stating what a snoozefest the event was rather than being a homerun. And I'm not trying to shit on Machida/Hendo either. I enjoyed the fight to a certain extent, but it was below average at best IMO.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Bubbles

its the style of their fight that night, not their overall game...I didnt think I would have had to spell it out for you

The difference being Machida alway's bring's that style because that's how he fight's, I wasn't surpised one bit with his fight that night. A lot of people including m self were baffled that clay would try his best Machida impression(which was horrible), instead of riding the horse that got him to the race. Guida in my opinion could have outworked Maynard and made him gas, because normally that's his style, but he chose a very odd gameplan that cost him the fight.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by grappler0000

You have to admit it's a little ironic to question people hating on the Machida fight, while simultaneously hating on a more exciting fight in the process.

I didn't mean this to be a slight towards Ronda's fight, I would have been happy to see this fight as the headliner in Fox Fuel 7. To be honest I just wanted 2 more rounds.

I mean Stann vs. Wand most likely won't need 10 mins to solve there differences in the cage.

I know what you're saying. As a counter point though, the only reason why we would need 2 more rounds is because they didn't go after it like Rousey/Carmouche did and like Silva/Stann most likely will. So, when you consider how reserved each guy was knowing it would only go 15, it's scary to think how much action wouldn't happen if it were slated for 25. I'd say we might be lucky it was only a 3 round fight. If that fight went 5 rounds as the main event, the headlines would be stating what a snoozefest the event was rather than being a homerun. And I'm not trying to shit on Machida/Hendo either. I enjoyed the fight to a certain extent, but it was below average at best IMO.

I see your point,but how much less active could they have gotten? Machida and Hendo looked really fresh after the fight, I think had it been 5 rounds we would have more of the same possible more action if one fighter thought they were losing. But we just don't know for sure.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]