MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White: Nick Diaz 'close' to losing UFC 158 fight with Georges St-Pierre   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

UFC President Dana White doesn't want to scrap the UFC 158 headliner of Georges St-Pierre (23-2 MMA, 17-2 UFC) vs. Nick Diaz (26-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC), but on Saturday night he said if the challenger doesn't change his ways, that may be exactly what happens...

Full Story

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

This is disturbing to hear.

Why do all the best cards always trainwreck?? Nick better get it together.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Fool me once shame on you, fool me seven times....

late edit:
This made me chuckle:
"All the fans are like, 'Shut up, Dana. Let Nick fight.' You shut up, idiots."
Good one, Dana!

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by airkerma

Agreed now paint this picture......Nick wins the fight and is now the ww champ. How is he going to handel the pressure that will bring? He not only is a title holder but he just beat GSP the greatest WW and top 3 great of all time! Yeah no pressure for Media coverage in that story.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

It is funny really. Dana gets "Diazed" once again. He'll never learn.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Diaz never should have been offered the fight coming off a lose anyway

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Nick is a mental midget.....he should just stick to swimming to Alcatraz and running marathons, full-time.......or.......start to get life lessons from Michael Bisping.

////The Voice of Reason\\\\

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Love it when Dana gets all dramatic
He ain't gonna pull Diaz. And Piss of gsp in the process
Besides fight is in three weeks time

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

This is one of the reasons why making this fight was a bad idea. I don't see it being cancelled but Dana has put added stress on himself for a guy that has done stuff like this before and didn't earn a title shot. It's his own fault if this fight ends up getting screwed up.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by airkerma

late edit:
This made me chuckle:
"All the fans are like, 'Shut up, Dana. Let Nick fight.' You shut up, idiots."
Good one, Dana!

This...and what Budge said. If Nick were to win, he'll have a real mess on his hands. Even if Nick ever carries through with promotional and press obligations, it's not particularly good.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

In three weeks GSP will stop Diaz within four rounds, putting him on a two fight skid and Dana will realize how much of a pain he is and how expensive he is and cut him. Diaz to Bellator!

allaf » Posted 9/23/09 11:06:00AM

Posted by jae_1833

In three weeks GSP will stop Diaz within four rounds, putting him on a two fight skid and Dana will realize how much of a pain he is and how expensive he is and cut him. Diaz to Bellator!

Actually, Diaz in Bellator would be pretty sweet.
He could finsh Ben Askren.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by prophecy033

Diaz never should have been offered the fight coming off a lose anyway

agreed, but it will be fun watching him argue about how bs it was that he lost the fight

UFC 151: Never Forget

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

Posted by allaf

Posted by jae_1833

I don't know. Historically, diaz struggles against great wrestlers. That's probably the primary thing most of us here see gsp exploiting and probably why most of us have GSP picked to win. I think if Diaz were to beat Askren it's either because he clips him right out of the gate, or somehow manages to catch Askren in a sub, which I don't see happening. Askren has showed pretty good defensive jj the few times he has been put in trouble. Honestly, if the fight were to happen, call me crazy, but I'd have Askren by UD via wrestling control. I'm a big fan of both guys, I just think Askren would be a bad match. I could see diaz winning, but I don't find it to be that likely.

allaf » Posted 9/23/09 11:06:00AM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by allaf

Posted by jae_1833

I don't know. Historically, diaz struggles against great wrestlers. That's probably the primary thing most of us here see gsp exploiting and probably why most of us have GSP picked to win. I think if Diaz were to beat Askren it's either because he clips him right out of the gate, or somehow manages to catch Askren in a sub, which I don't see happening. Askren has showed pretty good defensive jj the few times he has been put in trouble. Honestly, if the fight were to happen, call me crazy, but I'd have Askren by UD via wrestling control. I'm a big fan of both guys, I just think Askren would be a bad match. I could see diaz winning, but I don't find it to be that likely.

Yeah but Diaz could really pull it off considering he's really good off his back and is really lengthy. Diaz likes to box so much ppl tend to forget how good a grappler he is, and he is primarily a grappler.
He caught cyborg in a armbar off his back in 10 seconds, he took condit back in a matter of seconds, and condit is great on the ground.
Not to mention the crazy gogplata on Gomi...

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]