MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC boss: We 'have to make' Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

While the once-prevalent "superfight" talk has died down in recent weeks, UFC President Dana White still hungers for perhaps the biggest one of all: UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones vs. middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva.

While in the Los Angeles area for this week's UFC 157 event, White joined UFC commentator Joe Rogan on his podcast, "The Joe Rogan Experience."

During an extended chat about the organization, White reiterated his desire for a Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) vs. Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) bout. Although there are no immediate plans, White said as far as back as October that he "guarantees" the fight will happen at some point.

"I have to make him and f---ing Jones happen," White said. I have to make that happen."

"… What Anderson really talks about – he fucks with me a lot – but he wants big fights. He wants big fights."

LINK

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

They are both paid a ton, so they will probably get cut before the fight ever happens.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

They are both paid a ton, so they will probably get cut before the fight ever happens.

Agreed, but unfortunately Bellator wouldn't want either of them.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

I honestly think Anderson would ko jones

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Posted by hotrodttt

I think the same, but it would still be good to see a trilogy

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Anderson should just fight Weidman for the time being.

Jones has Sonnen coming up and Gustaffson providing he beats Gegard.

Or Anderson could move up to LHW and fight someone that's irrelevant.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I have been saying for well over a year that the real superfight should be between Jones and Silva...not Silva and GSP. This fight will happen and it has to happen. Silva and Jones are potentially the two most dominant forces in the history of MMA. They are a great match up for every reason. On their feet I see Silva possibly embarrassing Jones but I also see the slight potential for Jones to possibly hurt Silva if he catches him good a couple times. Silva has never been hurt though. Can Jones be the first? I don't know. Anderson is too good. Realistically Jones' biggest chance of winning lies in the wrestling realm. He would need to get Silva down, hold him down, avoid escapes and submissions and do enough damage in the process to avoid getting a standup. Kind of like what Sonnen did in their first fight for the majority of 25 minutes. Jones vs. Silva is the fight of the century. It needs to happen.

Side note...they have two common opponents in Bonnar and Vitor. Look how those fights went.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

jones via destruction.

jones is a faster bigger more athletic version of anderson AND he can wrestle

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

Posted by george112

jones via destruction.

you are the man george and I like you, but I have to respecfully disagree-
Jones has no way near the striking capability of Anderson, or the knock out power. Maybe he will develop the power, but Silva's technique is second to none

edit- With that said, I still think Jones wins 70 percent of the time due to size difference and like you said, wrestling.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Can't believe anything Dana says.
The dude is a snake

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by george112

jones via destruction.

you are the man george and I like you, but I have to respecfully disagree-
Jones has no way near the striking capability of Anderson, or the knock out power. Maybe he will develop the power, but Silva's technique is second to none

edit- With that said, I still think Jones wins 70 percent of the time due to size difference and like you said, wrestling.

The politest disagreement on the PG.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Posted by hotrodttt

I think the same, but it would still be good to see a trilogy

Dana said winner of Hendo vs. Machida get's a crack at Bones..but who knows with Dana.

I see Jones using elbows and wrasslin' wear Spider down and finally cut the face of Silva and make him bleed his own blood...This may cause Silva to rage, and cost Jones the fight, but he made him bleed his own blood.

[View Full Version of this Page]