MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC president Dana White tells media that Jon Fitch was cut because "he was too f****** expensive"   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Manfred » Posted 2/3/07 11:32:00AM

Who is he kidding?
UFC could be paying undercarders on Fuel shows 100k/100k and they would still be rolling in it.
Fitch only won 1 in his last 4 and had a boring style that wasn't fan friendly. Sad thing is, the Silva fight was exciting and Maia just out-Fitched him

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

i think dana has always disliked fitch's style, and after losing to maia, this is the reason dana was looking for to get rid of him. fitch isnt the most exciting fighter i have to admit but i still got to disagree with the cut. oh well.

I agree. Remember the video game fiasco? This has been in the works for a long time.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

A lot of crazy things have been said on this board. So lets get a few things straight:

1 Diaz would beat the shit out of Fitch or any other WW
2 Stockton bitch
3 Fitch's fight with Erick Silva was entertaining
4 The people who leave to take piss breaks when Fitch fights missed Hendrix sending him into oblivion. I'm talking to you AREJAY!!!

TheCatFather » Posted 3/1/07 12:36:00AM

Fitch will be back, this will light a fire in him and he will be back. Dana White talks out his ass all the time.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

after 158, you'll need to edit this

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

A lot of crazy things have been said on this board. So lets get a few things straight:

2 Stockton bitch
4 The people who leave to take piss breaks when Fitch fights missed Hendrix sending him into oblivion. I'm talking to you AREJAY!!!

no he wouldn't

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Hey Dana, stop betting a million dollars a weekend and you won't have to worry about a $60,000 top tier fighter being "expensive" when you have fading fighters like Cung Le making more than twice that.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

He was overpaid for his style of fighting. Yes he was ranked high in the WW division, but no body wants to watch the kid fight. Dana's running a company and wants exciting fighters. I think he used this as a message to the UFC that it doesnt matter who you are, if you dont bring it ever night, youre gone.

should the NBA fire Greg Popovich for implementing a "boring" style?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Posted by prophecy033

2 Stockton bitch

no he wouldn't

The only thing that can stop a Diaz is a finite number of rounds. If GSP's fight with Diaz was 20 rounds you know you would pick Diaz.

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Theoutlaw08

He was overpaid for his style of fighting. Yes he was ranked high in the WW division, but no body wants to watch the kid fight. Dana's running a company and wants exciting fighters. I think he used this as a message to the UFC that it doesnt matter who you are, if you dont bring it ever night, youre gone.

should the NBA fire Greg Popovich for implementing a "boring" style?

No. But the NBA did fine him for sitting his starters against the Heat. Which goes to show even in the NBA it's more about viewership than winning.

The only thing that can stop a Diaz is a finite number of rounds. If GSP's fight with Diaz was 20 rounds you know you would pick Diaz.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Let start off by saying I didn't agree with the UFC on letting Fitch go. But I'm shocked so many people are so mad by this. The UFC is a company and as such have the right to cut who ever they want without telling us a damn thing. Do you have to like it, no but it isn't the end of the UFC or MMA. Dana and others in the UFC have said that they feel they have over 100 to many fighters. So you can expect some more cuts every event till they get down to a number they are happy with. Lot of us don't like it but it isn't our company to run.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Hey kids - - Question??

Where were the Fitch supporters before the cut?

This is the first time I've heard his name in full throttle discussion aside from his cry me a river I'm broke......

Look at the NFL, NBA, MLB.....these things happen all the time.

Biz as usual.

Daddy Dana is thee Best....get used to it, get over it, or go watch soccer.

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Hey kids - - Question??

Where were the Fitch supporters before the cut?

This is the first time I've heard his name in full throttle discussion aside from his cry me a river I'm broke......

Look at the NFL, NBA, MLB.....these things happen all the time.

Biz as usual.

Daddy Dana is thee Best....get used to it, get over it, or go watch soccer.

did you make this

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

2 Stockton bitch

no he wouldn't

I will always pick GSP over diaz and if it was 20 rd, it would be stopped well before than for GSP making diaz's face into pudding from GnP

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]