MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Saffiedine passes on fighting Condit at UFC 158   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Fresh off a career-defining upset, Tarec Saffiedine opts to decline the offer to replace Rory MacDonald and fight Carlos Condit at UFC 158.

Link

Lungsofsteel » Posted 7/6/12 5:14:00PM

? he must still be banged up from the marquardt fight

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

this was probably a good decision. its important to start his ufc career on the right foot. i know he was SF champ but i dont think he's anywhere near ready for a top guy like condit. i think he needs a few wins before he takes on a top 3 guy. i would have liked to see him fight fitch but obviously that aint happening.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

? he must still be banged up from the marquardt fight

Why jump to that conclusion? He might just have not wanted to fight on short notice, no fighter has to accept a short notice fight, in most cases they are at a much greater risk of losing as they haven't had the 2-3 month training camps, haven't sized up the opponent, etc

Dirty Blue

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

wasnt up for the test
if he beat condit he may have jumped to the front of the line

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I dont blame Saffiedine.

Condit is to good of an opponent to fight on short notice.

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

No surprise. Saffiedine probably loses to just about any top 10 UFC fighter.

I-GOT-THIS-PICK » Posted 6/22/07 2:52:00PM

Offer the fight to Marquart I bet he will take it.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Vitor must've given him advice....

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I wonder if Dana is going to put him in the Chateau Bow Wow for refusing the fight?

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I don't blame anyone for not taking on Condit on short notice...that's how you become part of his highlight reel! Otherwise I think the fight is a good match up as thay have similar styles, if I were to give Tarec advice I would suggest he takes on the winner of Kos / Lawler.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

I don't blame anyone for not taking on Condit on short notice...that's how you become part of his highlight reel! Otherwise I think the fight is a good match up as thay have similar styles, if I were to give Tarec advice I would suggest he takes on the winner of Kos / Lawler.

In a division stacked with grapplers I think the smart move would have been to take the Condit fight. I'd rather have a shot at beating Condit and end up on a highlight real then get backpacked by Maia and cut after.

[View Full Version of this Page]