MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira light heavyweight bout booked for UFC 160   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

The UFC's annual Memorial Day weekend card continues to take shape and continues to add high-profile fights to the ledger. A light heavyweight bout between Ryan Bader and Glover Teixeira has been added to UFC 160 in May.

Link

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Damn. I don't want either of these guys to lose.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Very nice fight

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Nice

Some solid fights being announced tonight. I like Glover to continue his streak here.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Glover by murder. Probably.

I think Ryan Bader's shown what he can do. He hits hard, he's got a nice power double leg, and he's generally lost only by very good fighters, but he hasn't put in enough practice time for a dangerous guard, tactical clinch takedowns, or refined striking. I don't see him changing as long as he stays in Arizona, and even then, I think he's always gonna be one of those guys who wins more on athleticism than technique.

Not sipping the kool-aid or anything, I simply feel Glover's too strong in most parts of the game. If he gets on top of Bader with more than a couple minutes left, he's going to put it to bed. I have only 2 questions, and they're things that we haven't seen from Glover yet in the UFC - how does he deal with speed, and what kind of guard does he have. He's got a solid chin and incredible cardio, but can he handle a blitz from a fast guy like Bader. And while his top game is like giving Mjolnir to a python, I don't know what kind of escapes he'll have from the bottom.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Glover is going to destroy Bader. I got a feeling this will be a nasty KO

WAR GLOVER

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

A few bombs and some attempted wrestlef*cking is what Glover needs to avoid. If he can do this...he will win.

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

i think glover can ko bader..but im not counting bader out at all. He has only been beaten by former champs.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Bader's a dead man walking

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

This is going to be a close fight. I may take Bader.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

This is going to be a close fight. I may take Bader.

Me too, Bader has solid wrestling and unlike Rampage he'll use it which should even things up! I'm excited for this fight!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

great fight. i think glover takes this one. i was really impressed with how well rounded glover is. his wrestling may not be as good as bader's is on paper but to be honest i have never been that impressed with bader's wrestling. also, glover's standup is much more technical IMO. Bader FTW, probably UD

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Baders a goner

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by aussiemma

i think glover can ko bader..but im not counting bader out at all. He has only been beaten by former champs.

Can you see into the future? Chael will be a champion

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]