MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Mir turns to Greg Jackson for Cormier fight   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

A new face will appear in Frank Mir's corner when he takes on Daniel Cormier at a UFC on Fox event in April: Greg Jackson.

Mir, 33, plans to join Jackson in Albuquerque for an eight-week camp beginning later this month. It's the first time the Las Vegas native will train for a fight outside his hometown.

Following a second-round TKO loss to Junior Dos Santos for the UFC title in May, Mir says he felt a need to modify his standard routine.

"I've always felt I have great trainers so there was no reason to leave, but my wife and I were talking about how I needed to change things up," Mir told ESPN.com. "One of the things was maybe I should get out of town and get more focused.

LINK

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Not a bad idea always felt Mir needed to go to a gym and get pushed.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Good move for him. He probably has a good feel of the coaches after helping Team Jones on TUF this season.

frizzzlecake » Posted 5/25/12 8:57:00PM

His wife told him to get out of town. So I could come over.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I like the move.
He needs to start training in other spots

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

"I'll sign his cast after the fight."...great quote.

I think this is a smart move. Mir does need a solid gameplan to beat Cormier.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Mir by armbar

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Chieftan1997 » Posted 1/17/07 6:54:00PM

Good move for Frank but he'll still get pounded out!!! He should of made a move like this earlier in his career.

Cormier TKO RD2!!!

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by Chieftan1997

Good move for Frank but he'll still get pounded out!!! He should of made a move like this earlier in his career.

Cormier TKO RD2!!!

Oh yeah right... Like a hard hitting wrestler could ever beat Mir.

Goatenstein » Posted 4/27/12 11:03:00AM

Mir can't win this fight in boring ways. Quick sub or getting pummeled are his choices.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Yoi guys cant see mir winning this on the feet?

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

I always enjoy when the vets pull off upsets/surprise wins. It would be cool if Mir won. Cormier is a beast though and I also enjoy watching wrestlers frustrate & beat up bjj guys.

so, either way I'm good. Kind of want to see Mir win more.

40ouncetpkid » Posted 5/3/11 12:43:00AM

Who knows if I was Mir I'd take a page out of Werdums playbook against Fedor, just get knocked down early and catch him coming in wild.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by postman

Yoi guys cant see mir winning this on the feet?

That's basically the only way I see him winning it, as long as his chin holds up.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by Chieftan1997

Cormier TKO RD2!!!

Oh yeah right... Like a hard hitting wrestler could ever beat Mir.

theres know way youd man up and av bet on it

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]