MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Sonnen: Big gap between Jon Jones & Anderson Silva   [View Full Version]
Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

Chael Sonnen has highlighted the almighty task facing him at UFC 159, insisting light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones is "considerably better" than Anderson Silva.

Silva is widely regarded as the greatest fighter on the planet, having set all manner of records as the promotion's middleweight champion, beating several 205-pounders along the way. He holds the most wins and title defences during a UFC career spanning seven years.

The Brazilian is frequently linked to a superfight with Jones, who looks equally as untouchable at light-heavyweight having beaten former champions in Mauricio Shogun Rua, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson and Vitor Belfort.

LINK

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Is Chael giving Jones a complement? I figured when I opened it that he was gonna say Jones isn't half the fighter Silva is. And then to say he may lose in the same story, not used to this from Uncle Cha Cha

Travesty145 » Posted 9/28/11 6:59:00PM

jones is silva but with wrestling and a way longer reach

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

Posted by Travesty145

jones is silva but with wrestling and a way longer reach

Minus KO power in his hands and feet well his striking isn't even close to Silva. Maybe in 5-7 years it will be on the same level. Still no one does what Silva does. NO ONE..

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

doesnt matter either way its 2000-chael and he smashes both of em

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

The two of the (Jones and Silva) could just fight it out and settle this!

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Silvas face after reading this:

lll-lll » Posted 7/13/07 10:19:00AM

That is an interesting comment to make considering he just lost twice to Anderson. I was expecting to see that backwards when I clicked on it.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by lll-lll

That is an interesting comment to make considering he just lost twice to Anderson. I was expecting to see that backwards when I clicked on it.

Hold up, Chael thinks JJ is better than Andy and Andy just embarrassed Chael. Why are we watching this fight again?

chael p sonnen and the p stands for perfection

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

this should come as no surprise he has said it before.

[View Full Version of this Page]