MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC on FUEL TV 9: Brad Pickett vs. Mike Easton in the works for April 6 in Sweden   [View Full Version]
jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is adding some bantamweight flavor to its Swedish menu, as Brad Pickett has verbally agreed to lock horns with Mike Easton at UFC on FUEL TV 9, which is slated for April 6, 2013 at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, Sweden.

Kimura.se brought word of the pending match-up earlier today.

Easton (13-2) saw his eight-fight win streak snapped at the hands of Raphael Assuncao at UFC on FOX 5 back in December, while Pickett (22-7) was edged out by Eddie Wineland in a close split decision at UFC 155, just a few short weeks after "The Hulk" came up short in Seattle.

Will this contest be decided by "One Punch?"
LINK

Dirty Blue

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Awesome match up

Personally I see Pickett being a bit to much for Easton. I think Brad is the more well rounded fighter and takes this one on decision

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Hopefully, one-punch can make this fight exciting. I still think Easton is the most boring little guy in the octagon.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Very nice fight
I see one punch probably coming out on top

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Another awesome fight

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i think brad can knock him out. i dont see the win going to easton.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Mike Easton's a talent, a big bantamweight with fundamentally solid strikes who does much better against passive opponents (i.e. Menjivar, Bloodworth). The positive thing is that he's young and he's in a great camp, the same that fostered the combination of unbeatable cardio and confusing angles in Dominick Cruz.

It's totally possible that Easton will come out angry and take the initiative, as he was not only neutralized but a bit embarrassed by the clean counters of Rafael Assuncao. I just don't know if Brad Pickett's the best opponent to try it against.

Pickett himself is coming off of a loss in which he was out-countered (by a very sharp and durable Eddie Wineland, all props to him). The difference is a bit two-fold - while Easton's long had a reputation of warming up in the first round to then pick his opponents apart with technique, occasionally getting the stoppage, Pickett storms from the start and backs up his punching power with a credible ground game. It doesn't always work, but it could be a bad style matchup for The Hulk.

Interesting fight. My money's on Pickett, but frankly, Easton's last fight could've been the impetus needed to take more risks and really leverage his gifts of size and power. I'll always commend a smart strategy, but I'll love it when that tactical sense is coupled with an actualized desire to put a hole in an opponent's face.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Pickett for dayssssssssssssss

[View Full Version of this Page]