MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
How many of you still live with your parents?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Just wondering as I saw a similar question on another site. My brother is in the process of moving back home in a few months and was wondering how many still do? And also what age did those that don't leave?

I left at 21. Obviously if people are having financial trouble, going to school, saving money I can see and understand the situation.

Also for those that still live at home, what are the house rules on having girls over, staying the night etc.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I moved out at 18. Back again for a few months at 20. Then back out with my girlfriend (now wife) later at 20. Ive been fairly independent. My parents are great tho. They have always been there to help when needed. The wife and I are currently renting, but are preparing to move into our first house in April of this year.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I moved out at 18. a year and a half ago I split with my wife and moved to the city. On the weekends I have my son I tend to stay at my parents house. My sisters say I live at home but they are simply butt hurt that Mom loves me more then them.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

34 now. Out at 19...back home for a couple months at 20 and back out for good after that. This thread reminds me of how much a hate moving.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

kicked out at 17 and never looked back. 13 years sense I lived with my dad.

On a side note my older bro just moved out of my mums house and he was 31

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Posted by emfleek

34 now. Out at 19...back home for a couple months at 20 and back out for good after that. This thread reminds me of how much a hate moving.

My buddy is thinking of moving and I warned him not to. It seems like You instantly have to drop 1000 unless the stars line up just right.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Moved out at 21 and i'm 28 now.
A word of advice for those of you still living with your parents.

Save all the money you can and don't even think about leaving until you've accumulated at least 5 grand or so. Deposits are expensive and you'll need all those things you take for granted. .............Like furniture and a fridge.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

I'm at Uni renting a house for 10 months of the year. I go back to my parents for holidays such as Christmas and Summer. However my gf lives 1 mile away from where I work and about 10 miles away from my parents so I'd say I live at her families most of the time I'm back home.

I went to Uni when I was 19

I'm not sure if living 150 miles away counts or what but that's my story of when I stopped having just my parents roof to live under.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

Living at school but im home for holidays and breaks i do ususally spend my nights at my gfs home though either way with my loans and tuition and bills in general ill prolly have to move back home as much as i will feel ashamed about it

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I officially moved out, and bought a house, when I was 24. For a year or two prior, I was in and out at my old girlfriends house.

I totally agree about saving up as much as you can. I was stupid, and bought a brand new car, while still living at home. That decision kept me there a few more years, and when I moved out, I was broke and living check to check.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Posted by mrsmiley

Save all the money you can and don't even think about leaving until you've accumulated at least 5 grand or so. Deposits are expensive and you'll need all those things you take for granted. .............Like furniture and a fridge.

Oh and your sugar coating that list. Vaccum, Broom, dust pan, cleaning supplies, a plunger, Pots and Pans, but the worst by far is FOOD! My advice is learn to cook before you leave as well because going out to eat will kill you.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by mrsmiley

Oh and your sugar coating that list. Vaccum, Broom, dust pan, cleaning supplies, a plunger, Pots and Pans, but the worst by far is FOOD! My advice is learn to cook before you leave as well because going out to eat will kill you.

Buying frozen dinners will also burn a hole in your wallet. Don't forget paying hydro, gas, cable/satellite/TV, and internet bills. Property taxes, rent/mortgage and a bunch of other shit I forgot will also drain your account.

I'm 24 and am back living with my parents. I moved out at 19 for university, moved back about a year and a half ago when my marks were shit and I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I worked, saved up some money, got back into school in a different program and I commute to campus.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

I had moved out was living with the wife but am back with the family now as shes living with some of her friends and im looking for a place

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Had my own place since 18 (29 now) and now I own a house and my parents stay at my place when their in town

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I'm 21 and in my last year of College. I'll be moving out sometime next year after I save some money from working a while.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]