MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC's First Set of Official Rankings   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Anyone else think Jon Jones #2 P4P is off? I know the guy is great but he hasn't been great as long as Jose and George. There are so many factors. I hate rankings.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by postman

Anyone else think Jon Jones #2 P4P is off? I know the guy is great but he hasn't been great as long as Jose and George. There are so many factors. I hate rankings.

I know what your saying but when you look at the champions in there divisions you could really argue a case for any of the p4p 5 to be in any order.

People base there P4P on different things, some people look at stacked divisions, contendership clearance, dominant performances or if size wasn't an issue who's the best.

I base it on the latter. And Upon which case I can see why Jones hasn't proven without reach he'd be the best fighter. I think Dan Henderson if based on Size wouldn't be that successful, you tell me how many 1 punch killers there are in MMA with average TDD and a solid chin
You could argue he's a LHW Dodson. I had Rashad ranked highly in my P4P before his loss to Jones because he out wrestled Davis, that to me would be able to best him against a lot of the WW division, and if he ended up on the feet he was quick, he felt as good as Edgar. I remember Fitch being in my top 5 at one point as well, JDS was champion, Fitch was grinding everyone P4P I saw no way JDS could beat a HW Fitch, then I saw the Hendricks fight and wow I was wrong
Currently Machida sits in my top 6th in front of Mighty Mouse, Cain, Cruz. Do I think he'd out point them all in a P4P fight, yes. Machida is a very unique fighter, however I have Barao above Machida because I think in a P4P fight Barao would be able to do a shogun in the first fight and kick the leg etc.

P4P is very interesting and very opinionated.

I am interested in what you rank yours on and what your rankings are.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Bustamante-Aoki » Posted 5/22/09 8:18:00PM

These are top ten contenders lists, not top-ten rankings.

The champ should be number one. not unlisted. Why did they do that?

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by MuayThaiGeek13

Gegard is #10 LHW

It's something

Hahahaha

I know right? Bader got dropped and tapped by Tito and he is still ranked above Gegard.

Also, I may be in the minority here but I feel as though Chandler could beat everyone listed at LW. I know he is Bellator and will not be on the ranks regardless, just sayin.

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I didnt take part in this, Ive emailed the UFC and I hope to take part in the next one, Ill let you know if they get back to me.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by postman

I know what your saying but when you look at the champions in there divisions you could really argue a case for any of the p4p 5 to be in any order.

People base there P4P on different things, some people look at stacked divisions, contendership clearance, dominant performances or if size wasn't an issue who's the best.

I base it on the latter. And Upon which case I can see why Jones hasn't proven without reach he'd be the best fighter. I think Dan Henderson if based on Size wouldn't be that successful, you tell me how many 1 punch killers there are in MMA with average TDD and a solid chin
You could argue he's a LHW Dodson. I had Rashad ranked highly in my P4P before his loss to Jones because he out wrestled Davis, that to me would be able to best him against a lot of the WW division, and if he ended up on the feet he was quick, he felt as good as Edgar. I remember Fitch being in my top 5 at one point as well, JDS was champion, Fitch was grinding everyone P4P I saw no way JDS could beat a HW Fitch, then I saw the Hendricks fight and wow I was wrong
Currently Machida sits in my top 6th in front of Mighty Mouse, Cain, Cruz. Do I think he'd out point them all in a P4P fight, yes. Machida is a very unique fighter, however I have Barao above Machida because I think in a P4P fight Barao would be able to do a shogun in the first fight and kick the leg etc.

P4P is very interesting and very opinionated.

I am interested in what you rank yours on and what your rankings are.

Honestly I'm not sure the last time I did my rankings. I just looked at the and at the time my pound for pound was as follows. (by the way I wonder what I was thinking at the time)

Anderson
Fedor
Penn
GSP
Hendo
Shogun
Torres
Big Nog
Yamamoto
Eddie Alverez

However I am very much in the boat with you in that I think it needs to be first be based on if all things were equal. Followed by resume of who they beat and were they would be located on a larger p4p list.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Frankie number 9 pound for pound list
What bullshit!!!
Losing last three and a draw gets you on pound for pound list??

How the hell do u go #4 featherweight
And #9 pound for pound ??

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

These are top ten contenders lists, not top-ten rankings.

The champ should be number one. not unlisted. Why did they do that?

this is actually the only thing about the rankings i dont like. the only reason i can guess as to why they did this is to give one extra person per weight class some name recognition.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

You might as well write the LHW rankings backwards because that's about as much sense as it makes without CHAEL on top of them

40ouncetofreedom » Posted 3/29/09 4:31:00PM

No Mark Hunt???

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Funny....

I don't see Anthony Pettis's name next to "#1" on Featherweight....

I don't see Chael Sonnen's name next to "#1" on Lightheavy...

I don't see Rashad Evans next to "#1" for Middle....

You get the point.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Mark Munoz a consensus top 5 MW?

The fuck?

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Pookie

Mark Munoz a consensus top 5 MW?

The fuck?

technically Top 6

UFC 151: Never Forget

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]