Forum Index > Community > MMA Playground Game Talk
Lock The Hot Bout
Forum Opinion Poll
Yes 8 25%
No 24 75%

The Hot Bout   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

There has been a lot of talk among members over locking the hot bout. I know this has been mentioned in the past, but so was realigning the division, but is locking the hot bout a few days before the event being at all discussed?

Would anyone like to see this done?

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

pick every fights equally and forget about the double pts man, the goal is to have every fights right so doesn't matter if the hot bout change 10 times before the deadline.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

pick every fights equally and forget about the double pts man, the goal is to have every fights right so doesn't matter if the hot bout change 10 times before the deadline.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

I agree with Tuvok.. I never look at the HB

MuayThaiGeek13 » Posted 12/28/11 3:18:00PM

Posted by infestructure

I agree with Tuvok.. I never look at the HB

I wouldn't say never, but I tend not to obsess over it. I just keep an eye on every close fight. Besides there's usually only like 3 really close fights per card. So it's not hard to do.

Posted by tuvok500

Of course thats the goal, but its not realistic. Especially when the most points for the game is determined by constant flip flopping of the hot bout.

infestructure » Posted 1/18/12 9:29:00PM

I see what you mean.. Imo I'd rather not have the hot bout in the first place, it adds a further element of random chance, and can change the statistics too much

I understand what Tuvok is saying, which is weird in itself, but only because its changed so often during the last few hours, minutes etc that I and Im sure others stopped looking, stopped looking to see it until the picks are locked.

Shelter » Posted 5/10/11 11:10:00PM

I don't really see a need to lock it ahead of time.

On the topic of it's existence, I am a big fan.

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Posted by Shelter

I don't really see a need to lock it ahead of time.

On the topic of it's existence, I am a big fan.

I actually like the extra challenge, the extra element to the game. Makes it more interesting. I am definately against locking it. The real hot bout should be labeled assuch, IMO.

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Don't lock it, only because the hot bout does not effect my choice in any way. I like that it changes last second sometimes, makes things interesting.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by tuvok500

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

The whole purpose of the HB is to make the closest fight (picks wise) worth double.

If you lock it ahead of time while picks are still being made, it would result in a HB which may not be close at all in comparison to other fights. Many people make their picks the day before an event.

In other words locking the hot bout days before defeats the purpose of the HB.

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I prefer not to lock it as well.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

The whole purpose of the HB is to make the closest fight (picks wise) worth double.

If you lock it ahead of time while picks are still being made, it would result in a HB which may not be close at all in comparison to other fights. Many people make their picks the day before an event.

In other words locking the hot bout days before defeats the purpose of the HB.

This.

I like the idea of the hot bout. It makes things more interesting. Yeah, it sucks when you thought you picked the hot bout correctly, and find out that it switched the last second, but oh well.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]