MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
M-1 president, Vadim Finklestein once again offers co-promotion deal to UFC   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

M-1 president, Vadim Finklestein says the UFC won't go very far without their help and a co promotional deal.

Link

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Really?!?

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

M-1 president, Vadim Finklestein says the UFC won't go very far without their help and a co promotional deal.

Wow, that might be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I'm guessing this is what M-1 does when they need to remind people they exist.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

In all honesty I think he is partly right.

I said it in the other UFC in Russia thread that I don't think it would be very successful.

Russia isnt like other countries in that they are very....shit I dont even know a word to describe it. The best word(s) would be loyal I guess. Or maybe tight-knit. Connected maybe. Idk all I'm saying is that its not out of the realm of possibility if something were to go "wrong" .

I'd compare it to say a gang that goes into another rival gang's turf and throws a party at their HQ expecting both gangs to show up peacefully. Not gonna happen

EDIT

Seems I'm in the minority

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

Vadim is either delusional or a genius. My money is on delusional. It could just be because of poor marketing in America but the only real m-1 guys I ever knew of on a regular basis were, Fedor, Gegard, and Vinny but Fedor retired, and Gegard and Vinny are both fighting in the UFC now. Beyond that the only reason I even knew Magalhaes fought for m-1 is because he put their belt on ebay.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by george112

I said it in the other UFC in Russia thread that I don't think it would be very successful.

Russia isnt like other countries in that they are very....shit I dont even know a word to describe it. The best word(s) would be loyal I guess. Or maybe tight-knit. Connected maybe. Idk all I'm saying is that its not out of the realm of possibility if something were to go "wrong" .

I'd compare it to say a gang that goes into another rival gang's turf and throws a party at their HQ expecting both gangs to show up peacefully. Not gonna happen

EDIT

There's no sugarcoating it...it's called the mob. They got into Japan though, despite the Yakuza, so I assume they can get into Russia as well. We'll see.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by george112

EDIT

There's no sugarcoating it...it's called the mob. They got into Japan though, despite the Yakuza, so I assume they can get into Russia as well. We'll see.

There you go the mob. Thats a good word to describe it. With Russia being as big as it is and the history with the U.S I just don't see how they would let themselves be one-upped by an American company in their own country. From my understanding MMA is pretty big in Russia. More so in the sense that Putin is interested and Fedor is like a national hero.

Idk just can't wait to see what happens

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

That's funny. Ufc doesnt need m-1 at all

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

What a friendly offer. In related news, my flag football league is offering to co-promote the super bowl with the NFL.

Bustamante-Aoki » Posted 5/22/09 8:18:00PM

M-1 was the reason Fedor vs Rogers had over 25 million viewers watching it live.

The UFC hasn't even come close to matching that.

With the UFC wanting to come to Russia, I bet Vadim could help them a lot.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

M-1 was the reason Fedor vs Rogers had over 25 million viewers watching it live.

The UFC hasn't even come close to matching that.

With the UFC wanting to come to Russia, I bet Vadim could help them a lot.

Those #'s are according to M1 and rank somewhere between highly debatable and downright laughable. For one they are including internet streams which can be manipulated by simply refreshing the page and 16 million of the alleged views apparently came from Russia for an event that started at around 5 AM there.

Even if they were true, it would be because of Fedor and nothing to do with M-1.

The UFC stands to gain nothing by co-promoting with any organization in the world now that they've solidified themselves as the king of the sport and M-1 isn't even worth their time now that Fedor is retired.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]