MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Edgar weigh-in   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I thought he looked good coming in at 144. He pretty much ran on stage and looked in his element. Can't wait for tonight. Anyone change their picks after the weigh-in?

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Man, I have been going back and forth on this pick all week. I think wednesday I had it for Aldo, Thursday I thought Edgar.... I am rolling with Edgar on this one, but there are so many variables in this fight it is hard for me to feel confident... This may be one of the hardest picks I ever had to make.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I no longer make picks on the site but I play around with the bets when I have the time. Edgar is in my parley. As long as he can close the distance I think he has the better boxing and his top game is going to be too much for Jose. If he doesn't close the distance his legs will get taken out by aldo and Frank will be in for a long night.

Posted by postman

I no longer make picks on the site but I play around with the bets when I have the time. Edgar is in my parley. As long as he can close the distance I think he has the better boxing and his top game is going to be too much for Jose. If he doesn't close the distance his legs will get taken out by aldo and Frank will be in for a long night.

Why did you stop making picks?

Posted by pmoney

Man, I have been going back and forth on this pick all week. I think wednesday I had it for Aldo, Thursday I thought Edgar.... I am rolling with Edgar on this one, but there are so many variables in this fight it is hard for me to feel confident... This may be one of the hardest picks I ever had to make.

I want to switch to Edgar so bad but I promised myself I wouldn't make any stupid picks regarding my favorite fighters. The thing is this fight could go either way, so I'm not sure if it's just the fan in me wanting to make the switch or what.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by postman

Why did you stop making picks?

Got a promotion, split from my wife, lost interest in the lower tier of the sport just kept any eye on the guys I liked. Wasn't buy PPV's. They started bombing us with shows every week and it almost felt like I was picking the secondary league. I wouldn't have time to research the guys I didn't know. Just kinda lost interest. I was going to just pick the fights I know and not be part of a camp but then it takes the fun out of the game and pads your stats.

Same reasons I quit training just too much going on in my life. Who knows I'm starting to watch allot more of late and I think I found a new gym to train at, which I'm pretty excited about.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by pmoney

I want to switch to Edgar so bad but I promised myself I wouldn't make any stupid picks regarding my favorite fighters. The thing is this fight could go either way, so I'm not sure if it's just the fan in me wanting to make the switch or what.

Honestly I'm a fan of both fighters. More so Frankie. Either way you pick on this fight it is not a stupid pick IMO.
They both have the tools to win. The most important thing Aldo has over Frankie is the ability to end the fight being probably the hardest striker in the Division.
I do believe this will be Aldo's biggest fight of his career thus far.

*Neither guy has ever been Knock Out.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

As evenly matched as you will ever see a title fight

[View Full Version of this Page]