MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Davis vs. Magalhaes, Kongo vs. Nelson Added To UFC 159   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Biggavelli » Posted 10/26/12 7:44:00AM

A pair of new matchups has been added to April's UFC 159 event as Phil Davis meets Vinny Magalhaes in a light heavyweight affair, while Cheick Kongo faces Roy Nelson in a heavyweight contest.

UFC officials announced the two bouts on Tuesday's new edition of "UFC Tonight."

UFC 159, which features a title fight between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and "The Ultimate Fighter 17" fellow head coach Chael Sonnen, takes place April 27 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

LINK

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Vinny gets his wish, let's see if he can walk the walk

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

I'd love to see Davis submit him.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

I second this

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Nice fights, I don't think I've ever wanted to see a fighter get knocked out every single time he fights, but with Chieck Kongo, that's the only time I like seeing him in the octagon.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I was hoping Nelson would fight Barnett to be honest but I like this fight as well.

Davis vs. Magalhaes is a good fight too. I think Davis is going to be skilled enough to avoid the subs though.

decken » Posted 8/20/07 11:53:00AM

Posted by sparky

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

I second this

Not going to happen, unless Vinny is already unconscious.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

Stylistically Davis is a great matchup for Vinny. Davis is a great fighter but he hasnt shown much of a stand up game since he debuted with the ufc. Taking Vinny down might be his undoing. Awesome fight & Nelson should finish Kongo devastatingly

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

When I talked to vinny a month ago he said April
Like the matches
Was thinking kongo vs nelson was gonna be the tuf finale main event

RacingHartPurple » Posted 11/19/09 10:44:00PM

I like these fights, I am going to this card so...so far so good. I wish they would add Jim Miller vs. TJ Grant as well, that would be a solid 4 fights for the Main Card and they'd only have to find 1 more. As far as the undercard goes, it will be easy for them to fill with the influx of NE fighters.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I like those fights
Vinny bit off more then he could chew, calling out Mr.Wonderful . & Nelson vs Kongo is gonna be a banger!!!

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Davis via sub. Vinny stands no chance.

Kongo and Nelson is a good match up. Should be a good stand up war. Nelson will act as a punching bag until he catches Kongo with something. Zombie slug fest.

BillsNewAccount » Posted 2/24/11 9:26:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Davis via sub. Vinny stands no chance.

Kongo and Nelson is a good match up. Should be a good stand up war. Nelson will act as a punching bag until he catches Kongo with something. Zombie slug fest.

Davis via sub? That's just silly.

LightsOUT23 » Posted 12/26/11 6:25:00PM

Kongo vs Nelson at a first glance says Nelson by KO. But i would love it if Kongo becomes the first one to give Nelson his first KO loss. I doubt it though.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I hope Nelson lands that overhand and sends Kongo to sleep.

Davis vs Magalhaes is a pretty interesting fight. I see Decision written all over this. I think Davis is skilled enough to avoid the Sub and his wrestling should be the deciding factor.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]