MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Amir Sadollah vs. Stephen Thompson scheduled for Memorial Day weekend UFC event   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Lost in all of the UFC on FOX 6 coverage was the announcement of a new welterweight fight scheduled for May 25th. "Wonderboy" Stephen Thompson aims to rebound from his first pro MMA loss against Amir Sadollah. MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani has the details:

Sources told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani on Friday that Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson will face Amir Sadollah in a welterweight battle on Sat., May 25. While a venue for the unnamed event has yet to be determined, the UFC traditionally holds Memorial Day weekend cards in Las Vegas.

Link

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Sadollah via out pointing him by strikes

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Amir is the more well rounded fighter but, Thompson definitely has more KO power. This should be a good fight.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

A while away but I think the opposite Thompson via out pointing him by strikes... Av bet?

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Theoutlaw08

A while away but I think the opposite Thompson via out pointing him by strikes... Av bet?

Hell yeah. Im in.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I like this fight

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

A lot of hype was lost after Thomson's fight with Brown. But let's be honest, Brown has been wrecking dudes lately. I'm not ready to write Wonderboy off just yet, and Sodallah is the perfect test for him.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

On the fence about going to this event
I wanna go to 4th of July weekend event but also
The ppv in Aug as well

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

I'll be rooting for Wonderboy hard, but not sure I'll pick him.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Leg kicks + teep > tae kwon do is a good general rule of thumb.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

A lot of hype was lost after Thomson's fight with Brown. But let's be honest, Brown has been wrecking dudes lately. I'm not ready to write Wonderboy off just yet, and Sodallah is the perfect test for him.

Don't be afraid to hop back on the hype train . I like his chances for a tko

babalu46 » Posted 1/20/09 12:59:00PM

I think Thompson if he can keep this standing will get the W but Amir could very well grind out the decision in this one.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Kind of odd to schedule this fight for an unannounced event 4 months away, and seeing as it'll probably be in Vegas which is neither of these guys home town/place where they live.
Lol just kinda random to me but either way should be a close fight
Amir has had trouble with technical strikers before so if this fight stays standing I would take Thompson via decision.

[View Full Version of this Page]