MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
D-day for Hermes in UFC   [View Full Version]
disorderlyvision » Posted 2/22/07 12:49:00PM

link

The Brazilian is training hard and studying Sherk for title fight

Hermes Franca has a date set to carry out his dream. On the July seventh, he will enter the octagon to fight for the lightweight title against Sean Sherk. While he awaits his chance, the Brazilian living in Florida goes on training hard for the challenge. “I am working on my hands, but am training my ground too,” the leader of Team The Armory said. The routine of training, however, is mixed in with studying his adversary’s videos. Such dedication allows the Brazilian to draw some conclusions on Sherk’s style.

“He has strong takedowns, but I think he gets lost when he fails to impose his rhythm on the fight. I am working hard on takedown defense,” revealed Hermes, who did not hide his excitement at having made to the point of challenging for the UFC title: “I have run up against a lot of hardships and fought through all of them, with much determination and will power,” the Jiu-Jitsu black belt that used to wash cars for a living, in the USA, said cheerily.

Hermes will not be alone on the evening of July seventh, in Arco, California. UFC 73 will mark the Minotauro’s debut in the American organization and Anderson Silva’s second title defense. On his two compatriots, Hermes gives his prediction: “The two will put on a show. Anderson will get the knockout and Minota will get the submission.”

-Virus- » Posted 4/15/07 3:20:00AM

I don't see him winning but i could be wrong i said the same thing about cro cop gsp etc.

MisFiT » Posted 3/6/07 7:31:00PM

Sherk wont be broken. Nothins stoppin that guy.

rameydl8 » Posted 4/5/07 8:23:00PM

Posted by MisFiT

hes a really strong and smart fighter...but if anybodys gettin the belt from him its hermes

MisFiT » Posted 3/6/07 7:31:00PM

Posted by rameydl8

Posted by MisFiT

hes a really strong and smart fighter...but if anybodys gettin the belt from him its hermes

I agree, but I want to see Sherk reign with the Title, not just lose it on his 1st defense.

[View Full Version of this Page]